Friday, January 1, 2016

Fat or Fluffy?

happy new year 2016 wallpaper     
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Friends and Followers!
   
     Since it's Friday again, we at QKR Stampede have a new challenge for you and our theme is "Feathers or Fur."  We want to see images of animals that have feathers or fur on your cards!  I sure hope curly wool counts as 'fur.'  :-D

     Check out the sentiment!  Most years following the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and New Year celebrations included), this has been my excuse for the 10 pounds I've gained.  But this year, thanks to carefully following the diabetes routine I've been doing for the last 4 months, I had no gain at all!  Woohoo!  I used Digi 15611 "Old Ram."  This time the sentiment is mine.


     I colored with my ProMarkers, then die cut the image with a die from QuicKutz.  The copper paper was embossed with my "Linen" folder and the striped 'paper' is actually lightweight canvas fabric.  Both the ribbons came from Really Reasonable Ribbon and I used my new bow maker to tie the double bow.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Colour Your World
Craft-Dee Bowz
Crafting from the Heart
Creative Card Crew
Deep Ocean
Lemon Shortbread
Love to Scrap
Not Just Cards
Through the Craft Room Door
Tuesday Morning

      May your New Year be filled with Peace, Prosperity, and Blessings beyond all your prayers.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Jo said...

Fabulous......and a great sentiment too! Wishing you all the very best for 2016!
hugs Jo x

Linda Simpson said...

Happy New Year dear Connie. The sentiment is wonderful and do love the image which to me is fluffy.
Crafty Hugs
Linda xxx

Chana Malkah said...

Happy New Year! What a delightful design! Your image is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Donna Ellis said...

Simple! Everyone knows ladies would rather be called fluffy than fat! LOL Very cute, Miss Connie! Love those sad blue eyes, and pretty card design! I hope your Christmas celebrations were extra special. I'm beginning to emerge from this last exacerbation, and hope to be visiting more regularly, soon! Happy New Year! hugs, de

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love the droll expression on your ram's face, along with the perfect sentiment.

Happy New Year!
Teresa

Mary said...

Too Cute. Btw I love your kitty pictures. They are sweet. :)

www.abloginthyme.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Lovely card and great sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Pam x

*Vicki* said...

Such a perfect sentiment to go with your image Connie!! LOL!! That sheep is just too cute!! Great card my friend!! Many blessings to you in 2016!!

Vicki said...

This is such a fun card! Cute image and matching sentiment! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ January, "Anything goes and include a handmade bow" Challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG that face! Love it :) Thanks so much for playing Anything Goes with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

kReN said...

I love QKR Stampede. They always make me smile!

Debbie said...

This is just so cute!! Love the sentiment!
Good for you for taking control of your diabetes!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Dawn said...

Aww, well done ewe! Shame about the sheep tho! lol
Hugs
Dawn xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Flicking and HAD to say I had a chuckle at this Great card.

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is so adorable. Love that sheep and diecuts. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck, Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

Unknown said...

Such a cute image! Great job, I love your card.
Thanks for joining us over at Color and Craft Challenge by Lacy Sunshine
Hugs
Sandra (DT Coordinator)

Unknown said...

Too Cute! Love the layout and design. Thanks for joining us at Lacy Sunshine Color and Craft Challenges.