Saturday, January 9, 2016

Hot Cocoa Weather

     When the weather is nasty and the wind is howling, it's time to bring in the fur babies, make hot cocoa, and snuggle up on the couch, leaving the freezing cold outside where it belongs.  This darling image from A Day for Daisies reminded me of "hot cocoa evenings" from my childhood.  How could I resist making a card?



     I started with the sketch from Atlantic Hearts, flipped side to side,
and used the colors from Inspired by Stamping.

  

     The image and sentiment are both printed right onto the card front because I wanted a really CAS card.  I colored with my ProMarkers, added a spatter of glitter to the pompom on her cap, and inked the edges.  I sponged around the borders with an ink pad.  This card was the first done in colors that allowed me to use my brand new velvet ribbon that I got for Christmas.  I'm so crazy about that ribbon and I got it in three different shades of pink.  This one is the darkest and, yes, it's just as soft and scrumptious as it looks!  

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
A Snowflakes Promise
Really Reasonable Ribbon

     I'm really proud of myself for managing a post every day this past week.  I had a miserable bout of the flu last week and it's taking forever to shake it off.  I am up and about most of the day now but I did sneak off for a nap the last two days.  I still have no voice and I tire easily but I've gotten a lot done despite that.

     Be sure to stop by tomorrow.  After a four month break, Open-Minded Crafting Fun is back and I've rejoined the team!  We're going to have monthly challenges now, starting on the 10th of each month.  You won't want to miss our first January challenge, with multiple sponsors for more chances to win!!  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

32 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Ahhhhhh....precious! Weather is t that cold outside here, but dreary and rainy. With the back surgery, curling up...well trying, with cocoa and pets and movies is perfect so this card is perfect.

Donna Hanley said...

I love how that fur baby is helping to get the snuggle night off to a good start. Great card Connie. I am sorry sorry to hear you have started out this new year with a terrible bout of the flu. I'll be praying for a quick recovery for you. Try not to do too much.
Hugs,
Donna

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Squeal, I love this, such a cute image and love the texture of the velvet with this simple card.

Ali said...

Absolutely darling!!!!!That ribbon does indeed look scrumptious. TYFS!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful image and loving the velvet ribbon. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Amanda said...

such a sweet card. Love the colors and that puppy is so cute. Thanks for playing along this week over at Jo's Scrap Shack-Funday Friday Challenge

Amanda (DT)

berucrafts said...

What for a funny card you made... Love yyour coloring. Thanks for sharing your card by artbymiran... Hugs Ute (DT)

Donna Ellis said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the evening, Connie! Darling card, and delightfully girly colors! Hugs, de

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

So very cute! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

Unknown said...

Aww so cute!! I nearly got this image myself the other day!
Thanks so much for joining in my Monochrome theme at Passion for Promarkers! :-)
Lucy x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh this is just darling. I love the red velvet ribbon and your pink inking is lovely too.
hugs,
Teresa

Lisbeth said...

Hi
super cute card
thanks to participate at Brown sugar
hugs Lisbeth
DT-BSC

Pia S said...

Beautiful shading and inking and a lovely card that brings up childhood memories for me as well...

*Vicki* said...

Oh what a super sweet image and fab coloring my friend!! Love your CAS design! HUGS

Mynn xx said...

NC, this is totally DARLING! I LOVE the bit of shimmer and shine, the fun colors, and the CAS feel! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Dawn said...

Such a pretty card & I have ribbon envy NanaC! I love the way you've threaded it too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Carla's Cards said...

A sweet card, thanks for sharing with A snowflakes Promise!

EdenLand Designs said...

This card reminds me of a cozy evening :) Just what I need! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Creative Fingers this week, hope to see you again soon! Susan DT

Brandi said...

Adorable! I love the soft colours and the little dog following with the marshmallows makes it sweet and whimsical, adorable! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Lisa said...

So pretty! The images are so sweet and the colors you used are perfect! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic hearts this week!

Cards By MI said...

A lovely card, lovely colour choosen too. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

applejack cards by sue said...

This is adorable, a very sweet image. I hope you keep warm and feel much better soon. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting for all Seasons. Sue DT. xx

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. Love the added glitter.

comopark1886 said...

Very cute card! Great job on the coloring

Linda Norman said...

Pretty! Love the coloring! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Linda, DT AHSC
scrappytherapy@satx.rr.com

Jessica K said...

This is super cute! Fantastic take on this week's sketch! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Jess - DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Very cute image - so warm and wintery. Love the bit of glitter on the pom pom. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

Lena said...

So beautiful in its simplicity. Love it! Very effective!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Karen Letchworth said...

What a cute image and fabulous card, Connie. Thanks so much for playing along with us.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Juliana said...

Fantastic combination of challenges!!
This is an adorable card!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Day for Daisies!

Helen said...

So sweet and I love the inking round the edge of the card.

Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday and we hope to see you again soon.

Helen x
(DT Member)

Debs said...

Adorable card - such a sweet image and the velvet ribbon is lush.
Thanks for playing along at In the Pink this time - Good Luck
Debs xx