Thursday, February 22, 2024

Can't Get Younger

      I recently made a discovery of a whole series of clip art work called "Chicken Wisdom" by artist Linda Finstad.  I love them all !!  This one, I printed in grayscale, then colored with gel pens and Sanjoki markers.  I cut it with a die from Tonic Studios, and added top and bottom border strips of embossed, red CS.  I added a red, rick-rack bow and called it finished.

     One of the things I love about Linda Finstad's art work is that it generally works for either guy or gal, but since I have more males in my extended family than I have ladies, I prefer to make masculine cards.  However, this time I used it for my oldest granddaughter's birthday card.  Since the image is pretty much gender neutral, it works for anyone!

      I know she's expecting a card with a dragon because she and I both adore dragons and I collect dragons from many different artists to make cards all her cards.  I did my best to convince her that these were a newly discovered species of dragon called "Chicken Dragons."  I'll let you know how well that went.


     Challenges:

     Happy Birthday, granddaughter!   And Happy Crafting to all the rest of you.  :-D  NanaConnie  

3 comments:

Donna Walls said...

These are some quirky chickens, just fabulous images. I'm certain she loved those chicken dragons! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenges
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE your Chicken Dragons Connie, such a fun card and sentiment. x

AndrejaM said...

Hvala, ker z zelo lepo voščilnico in kokoškama sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici