Sunday, February 11, 2024

All About Love

      I love this CAS card made with the February image from the Outlawz Progressive Freebie challenge.  The 'woven heart' image was given by Cara (on the Outlawz team.)   I love the simplicity and decided to add a bit of lace to it as a contrast to the simple woven design.

     I printed it after carefully measuring it to fit one of my Spellbinders heart dies, colored it with ProMarkers, then die cut it.  I cut a square of red CS, trimmed it to exactly fit the square card front, then I dug some lace out of my stash and used craft glue to add it around the edges of the heart.  I cut it at the top and bottom points to keep it from curling.   The lace adds some delightful texture to the card.  I printed and cut the sentiment with an Avery Elle die, layered it on top of the heart, and it was done!


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How clever of you Connie, I love you measured the heart to use your die, the addition of the lace is just so beautiful. x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and heart love the lace too.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

Donna Phelan said...

Beautifully designed! Very clever to add that pretty lace, it really POPS and gives a vintage vibe! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Heartfelt Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Patsy Long said...

Hi Connie, such a great card for our Hearts theme at The Paper Shelter challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter challenge. Best of luck with your entry. Patsy DT

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Beautiful CAS card Connie. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

MeSi said...

Adorable, I love how you used the lace. Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge. Hope to see you again!

Merja DT
My blog

Sandra said...

Love it NanaConnie, the lace is a perfect addition!Thanks for joining The Outlawz Progressive challenge!