Thursday, September 28, 2023

Sunflowers for FarmQuest

      I know it's been more than a week since I posted anything but my daughter has a vendor booth at our local County Fair and I've been hanging out with her, pretending to be a valuable co-worker, managing the behind-the-scenes technical issues while she handles customers and sales.  I have to admit I'm really tired of making all the little sleeves and envelopes for the myriad of coupons and give away items that funnel through the booth, but it's filled with fun activities even if it is busy, busy, busy!  :-D

     Today, we have a new challenge starting over at FarmQuest and our new theme is "Sunflowers."  Don't forget that all entries must be 'country' or 'farm' related but it's pretty hard to focus on sunflowers without being at least a little bit country.   I found this delightful clip art image in my collection of flower digis, printed it in grayscale, then colored it with my polychromos pencils.  I used gamsol to blend the coloring.

     I knew as I was coloring that I wanted to do a very simple design, partly because I had printed such a large image piece but also because I wanted the sunflowers to take center stage and not have to compete with too much embellishment.  I had added the sentiment before printing the image, so I just cut it square, then rounded the corners with a Uchida punch.  I put that onto a bright orange card front and called it finished.  

     BTW, orange is definitely NOT one of my 'go to' colors but it is my favorite harvest/autumn color because I use it so rarely all the rest of the year that it's kind of refreshing to use it for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or other autumn cards.  :-D


     Challenges:

     I hope you're going to come play in our "Sunflowers" challenge this time.  You have a full 2 weeks (and a couple of extra days) because this challenge ends on October 13.  Don't let time run out on you.  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous sunflower card, hugs, Lori m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing colouring Connie and a beautiful card.
Faith x

Caroline Cards said...

Gorgeous sunflowers and so beautifully coloroed. Thanks for joining the Kleuren met Potloden challenge!
Caroline - DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous card and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again.

Billie A said...

Beautiful flowers and colors. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner

Donna Walls said...

I love Sunflowers and wish they lasted longer, this is a stunning image. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Rachel said...

Sunflowers are my favorite, and your coloring is absolutely fantastic! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!

Brenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous coloring! I just love your sunflowers. Thank you for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!