Thursday, September 7, 2023

Apples for the Teacher

      Time for our next challenge at FarmQuest Country Store, where we always have an "Anything Country Goes."  Since it's almost fall (my favorite season - especially for card making because there are so many possibilities.  Winter pretty much gets focused totally on Christmas, which is OK, but I prefer all the options of autumn), and since school is back in session for most of our kids, I decided I wanted to do a card that focused on apples for a teacher and apple picking season.  I found this beautiful clip art image and printed it in very light gray scale.

     I grabbed my water color paints and colored just the basket and the apples, leaving the background as gray scale.  I used gel pens and gold metallic marker on the butterflies.  I cut both the image and the sentiment with dies from QuicKutz.  I inked the edges of them with the gold marker and IRL, it shines beautifully.  The wood grain background came from a Brutus Monroe CS stack given to me by a sweet friend (thank you, Vicki!)  The red print along the left edge is fabric ribbon from my stash.

     Doesn't this have a great country feel?


     Challenges:
Triple B (butterflies, blossoms)

     We'd love to see you playing in our challenges and we also have an open DT call going.  We are considering some simple changes at both the FQ General Store challenge and at the original FarmQuest challenge which will make either playing or designing with the DT even more rewarding.  Come visit us this fortnight and enter a card or other "country" project.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Ilonka said...

Such a pretty card, thanks for sharing it with us at Let's Craft and Create Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Donna Walls said...

Beautiful image and the touches of color are wonderful accents. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous card, love the selected colouring, it certainly makes those apples so yummy.
Faith x

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful card. I like how you left the background in gray scale. Definite country feel. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

sue n.