Wednesday, August 30, 2023

White Christmas

     This is a different kind of "White Christmas" - not like the song.      :-D  

     I fell in love with this sweet kitten, all fluffed up in his white winter coat, cuddling with his very own best friend.  I wish I knew the artist but I haven't a clue.  If anyone recognizes it or knows the artist, please tell me so that I can give proper credit.  I think it came from a digital coloring book since it was a .pdf file and most of my .pdf digitals are coloring book pages.  I also had reduce the size to fit the card.

     I printed the digital image in light grayscale, then colored the girl and the kitten with Sanjoki markers, emphasizing the blue eyes of each.  I cut the image and the aqua frame with square dies from QuicKutz.  I used a Spellbinders square die and a Tonic Studios rectangle die to cut the blue CS pieces for the 'checkerboard' background.

     The sentiment was printed and cut with another Tonic Studios die.  I enhanced the 'winter' feel of the card by adding a few Recollections snowflakes with gems and glitter.  I plan to use this as a Christmas card for one of my great-granddaughters.


     Challenges:

      Maybe this 'cool' card will bring some relief from the hot, hot, hot (!) weather we've had this summer.  I can always hope.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG what a sweet sweet image and you've showcased it beautifully! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh Connie, this is stunning. Love the blues you used and it makes this so striking. WOW.

Susan said...

Adorable image - the blue eyes are so striking. Love the background and the snowflakes on the corners. Thank you for joining us at Peace on Earth.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OMG! What impact those gorgeous eyes have, a stunning card Connie.
Faith x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card, love the image. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene DT

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful card Connie. The image is so sweet and your colouring adds the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x