Thursday, August 3, 2023

Back to School

      The three most dreaded words for any school kid who hasn't yet drained the last drops out of summer are "Back to School"!!    My youngest granddaughter claims to be ready for school instead of summer but then, she's in college and has spent her summer working to earn money to come home for a few days this month and again at Christmas break.

     I'm going to give her this card right before she heads back into classes.  It's my DT card for the August blog challenge starting today over at LeAnn's World 101.   The image is called "Bookworm" and you can find it in the store by clicking on the name.

     I colored the image with my Sanjoki markers, cut it and the frame behind it with QuicKutz dies.  I used 2 pieces of embossed CS to make the background and I used a Darice EF on the top piece with the diamond pattern, and a Sizzix EF for the leaves on the bottom.  The sentiment was printed and fussy cut, then "framed" by inking the edges.  

     I used some fall ribbon from my stash to wrap the card front and to hand tie the bow.

I pulled colors from the challenge at My Favorite Things
     Challenges:
Thru...Purple Haze (center column)

     I hope we're going to see you playing in our Blog Challenge.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" and it runs until the end of the month.  Don't forget that our Progressive Challenge has also restarted on our FB site and it goes live on the 5th of each month.  Go check out the post and you'll find all the rules in the August Progressive album.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Barbara said...

This card is so special, and I am sure that it will mean a lot to your granddaughter who works hard and studies hard. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge.

ScrappyHorses said...

So cute and perfect for our challenge over at Twisted Thursday! Also, perfect for your lovely granddaughter heading back to college! Oh, those dreaded "move-in" days! So happy you shared with us! ~Katrina

Melanie Hungerford said...

Back to school was always a good and bad day for me, ready to be with friends every day but not so excited about the work! Your card is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

*Vicki* said...

She is super cute and beautifully colored too! I love the entire scene you've made with it and that little bow adds a nice touch too! So many books! LOL

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful image and colouring Connie.
Faith x

Mynn xx said...

Such a fabulous scene, NanaConnie! I love the way you used the colors! HUGS! 🤗 Mynn xx

Angela B. said...

I loved school! It was where all my friends were since we always lived in the boonies. Great card for the August Twisted Thursday challenge at The Outlawz Challenges! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us! !