Thursday, August 10, 2023

Ice Cream Summer

      This fun image is the one given to us for the Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz.  I admit that when I first saw the plain outline image, I wasn't all that enamored with it but as I began to color it, giving it strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla scoops, it suddenly looked really cute (and refreshing!)  

     I used Sanjoki alcohol markers to color it, then fussy cut the cone with scissors.  I looked through a box of long-stored, paper stacks and found two papers I thought really worked well together and which set off the image.  The polka dot paper from Paper Studio I cut with a Tonic Studios die.  The argyle paper is from Authentique and I cut it to size for an A2 card with my largest rectangle die from QuicKutz.

     I printed and cut the sentiment with the smallest QuicKitz die from that same rectangle set.  I inked the edges of the sentiment and the polka dot paper using an ink pad.  I hand-tied a very simple bow, using white satin ribbon, and I 'dyed' the bow using a Sanjoki marker so that I had the exact color I wanted.


I based the card design on the sketch from Tuesday Morning.

     Challenges:
Handstamped Sentiments
PaperCraft
Passion for Markers

     Enjoy your day and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie 

17 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful NanaConnie, it looks great and yummiest!! Thanks for joining The Outlawz Progressive challenge

*Vicki* said...

Nothing screams Summer like ice cream does! Your card design is so pretty and cheerful! Love the pink colors!

Heather said...

Lovely ice cream cone, Connie - perfect for a refreshing summer! Tasty colors, too! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

jimlynn said...

Super cute and so yummy looking! I love the mix of the argyle and polka dot paper with it too. Looks so tasty!
Lynn

Lisa said...

Terrific image and great papers to pair with it. Love the little bow.

Sasha said...

Such a great card for summer. You can never go wrong with ice cream! Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations, have a great weekend!

Sasha DT Member/CIC

Cards By MI said...

What a summery card! I love ice cream! Thanks for joining us over at PFM this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Doris P. said...

Mmmh, it looks very yummie! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

Helen said...

Great card - that ice cream looks great!

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Marlene Atkinson said...

A great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene DT

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card Connie. The ice-cream image looks yummy and your colouring is perfect. The papers are gorgeous and your little bow is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Melissa Craig said...

Super cute card! I need an ice cream image in my life. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card thanks for sharing at PFM

Catie Cuddles said...

Sweet card.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Stampin Expressions said...

Love your fun ice cream cone! Such a wonderful use of the inspiration pictures! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Neapolitan Ice Cream takes me right back to my childhood. What a nice card, Connie. Thank you for joining us a t HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Hi! I'm Shirley and said...

Lovely card, Connie! Thank you for doing us at the Outlawz Progressive Challenge. Hugs. Shirley M., DT