Friday, May 10, 2019

Corny Mom

     My daughter, two granddaughters, and I all enjoy puns and do our best to 'one up' each other whenever possible.  I made this 'punny' card for my granddaughters to give to their mom for Mother's Day.  It's my DT card for the new challenge at QKR Stampede this week.  The image is called "Corn digi24251."


     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut both the image and the frame with dies from Spellbinders.   The background dp is from Your Next Stamp, and the shimmery, gold ribbon was a scrap in my stash from Crafty Ribbons.  The white bow is one of hand sewn bows.

     Challenges:
Aloha Friday
Aud Sentiments
Colour Crazy
Cut It Up
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Color
Scrappy Land
Take It, Make It
Your Next Stamp

    Come play with us this week, won't you?  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL! Yes, my hubby loves doing those puns! Fantastic coloring and a gorgeous card design Connie!! HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous, I suspect she will LOVE it. great image and love your design.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

I always love to see a really pretty card - and then a cute image! You accomplished it with this one for sure. Too much fun (and love the pun) but a beautiful card too.
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

Your cards are always filled with humor! I love that Mama Corn!! I am sure your daughter will love it!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card! Love the design and fabulous sentiment to go with the image!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about "Feminine" or "Add a Sentiment".
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a fun tradition! I love puns, too! Lots of eye rolling in my house! :)

You created an adorable card for your granddaughters to give to their mom. I love the yellow and white color scheme!

Happy Mothers' Day and thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Mothers’ Day challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Don'cha love the long eyelashes, snarky hands-on-hips stance and tassel pony tail? Only you could bring that corning mom to life! How fun that your daughter, GD and yourself enjoy playing with puns or other fun elements in your daily lives. It's a fabulously corny creation, Connie! (how is that for alliteration?) hugs, de

Monica C. said...

Oh that is so funny! Great coloring and the card composition is perfect.
Hugs Monica

Anne Temple said...

This is too cute! Love the image and your sentiment!!

Aunty Sue said...

how great is this thanks for sharing at Colour Crazy and good luck