Monday, May 27, 2019

Bugaboo Father's Day

     Each year I make Father's Day cards for my son, son-in-law, and grandson, all of whom are terrific fathers.  This year, I started with a Bugaboo Stamps image on my grandson's card.


I used the colors from the Catch the Bug challenge
and the sketch from Sketch Saturday.

  

     I colored the image with ProMarkers, then cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  I used pale blue CS to make the card base and the two strips are scraps of CS from my 'use it up' stash.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Brown Sugar
Crafter's Castle
Crafty Friends
Di's Digi Designs
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz SAR

     Happy Memorial Day.  Say "Thanks" to a veteran and take a moment to remember the reason we have this long  weekend.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute card and love your coloring on here Connie!! Great design and take on the sketch.
Hope all the dads in your family have a great Father's Day.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Perfect image for Father's Day and I really love that sentiment to go with him!! Great take on the challenges too! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with Vicki, the image is perfect for Father's Day and as for the sentiment, you always come out tops.
Faith x
I hope your shoulder is easing off a bit.

Megan J said...

Hi Connie, a super card for your grandson on Fathers Day, love the colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends… good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Monica C. said...

So sweet Connie! I love the way you have integrated the sketch and the color challenge.
Hugs Monica

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... Thanks for entering your 3rd lovely card into our ‘anything goes’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Lori Kobular said...

Great take on the sketch! Adorable Father's Day card!

Linda Simpson said...

Love this card Connie, a cute image and loving your interpretation of the sketch and colours. Sorry not been around but Rick took me away for a few day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Dawn Frost said...

Love your card NannaConnie, great colours. Thanks for joining Catch The Bug's colour challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

Wendy said...

Super cute!... ...Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge :)
Wendy x

HeatherB said...

Great card! I love Father's Day cards. Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday.

Heather said...

This is super cute! And I love the sentiment to go along with the sweet image! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.