Thursday, April 11, 2019

Sweetpeas for Beccy's Place

    One of my favorite stamp artists is Beccy from Beccy's Place.  Her work is available in either rubber or digital stamps.  She runs a monthly challenge and the theme is always "Anything Goes" but each month she offers an optional twist.  You are required to use a Beccy's Place image but she gives a digital freebie every month which can be used if you wish.  I've been buying her images for so long that I have a really huge collection.  :-D

     This month she gave us a Tic Tac Toe twist and I've used the right hand column: Twine/ Flowers/ Embossing.


      I love these sweet peas and this time I started with a pre-colored image.  Before I printed it, I used tools in Word to lighten the image, making the background around the flower a softer and more pale blue.  Then, I used ProMarkers to intensify the sweet pea colors, plus pencils and gel inks to add highlights and shading to the petals and leaves. 

     The "Sweetpeas" sentiment is part of the image set and I printed it, then trimmed it to fit the banner space in the image.

     I fussy cut the image, then layered it onto a piece of white CS which I had cut with a Tonic Studios die.  The deep purple frame was cut with another, larger, Tonic Studios die from the same set.

     I double embossed the card front.  I started with periwinkle CS, embossed the front of it with my 'Linen' folder, then used a Sizzix 'Leaves' folder to emboss right over the 'Linen" embossing.  The spaces between the leaves still shows the 'Linen' embossing.  I layered everything together and added the jute cord twine and bow.

     Challenges:
Brown Sugar
Crafty Creations
Di's Digi Designs
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp
Southern Girls
Word Art Weds.
Work It Weds.

     Thanks for visiting and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie 

13 comments:

Jo said...

What a beautiful image.....I love sweet peas, remind me of my Nan!
Jo x

Linda Simpson said...

I adore sweet peas and this image is gorgeous. Beautiful debossed background too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Wowzer! This is gorgeous Connie! Love that floral image and your embossed background really sets if off beautifully too! Of course....purple is so pretty!! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable and so elegant card! Love that stamp!

jimlynn said...

Sensational!!!! Connie, this is so beautiful. Of course I love it because of the blue, but I'd love it no matter what color. Gorgeous card.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How Beautiful, love the leaf background, like the leaves twining of the sweetpea. Love it.
Faith x

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! This is such a beautiful card! I love those pretty Sweet Peas! The embossed background looks amazing too!

Monica C. said...

This card is absolutely stunning! I love the flowers and how you have made the pre-colored image your own. What an excellent idea to combine embossing folders, I will have to try that.
Hugs Monica

terrie said...

What a beautiful card and image...well done on challenge of the Tic Tac Toe..
Well done on the layout and good luck!

Beccy said...

Absolutely awesome NC, this is digital stamping at it's best! I love that you've printed a lighter version of the coloured image and then added your own touches over the top... fabulous way to make it your own. Gorgeous embossing in the background and a wonderful use of twine. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Lin said...

What a beauty, Connie! Gorgeous coloring and great texture! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done. Love the embossing and wonderful image!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! Hope you play along again soon!
Ellie from
Ellibelle's Corner

Alina Florea said...

I absolutely adore this! Perfect match :) The purple color is just great on the whole combination. Thank you for entering our Brown Sugar Challenge :) Alina DT