Saturday, April 27, 2019

Shared Umbrella

     This lovely image from LeAnn's World 101 Progressive Challenge is perfect for an April/Spring card and is also great for a friendship card.


I chose 4 colors from Color My Heart #340
Lagoon, Sapphire, Ballerina & Smoothie


     I colored with ProMarkers, then used a Lawn Fawn die to cut the image and the largest square of background dp.  The orange (Smoothie) dp plus the Sapphire square were cut with Cottage Cutz dies.  I layered all of those together creating layers.

     I printed the sentiment, matted it with a tiny scrap of navy blue CS, and added it below the image piece.  I decided on 3 tiny metal brads, putting those into the corner, and 3 crystal raindrops, which I put on the image itself.  I've had a long run recently of using kraft CS for card bases and I'm really liking the effect.  It seems to make everything on top of the kraft 'pop.'

     Challenges:
Cardz TV
Crafty Catz
Crafty Gals Corner
Cute Card Thurs
House that Stamps Built
LeAnn's World 101
Simon Says Stamp
Word Art Weds.
Words to Craft By

     Have yourself a fabulous weekend and do lots of Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

jimlynn said...

This is wonderful against that Kraft card stock! SOOOOO pretty! Love that cute image and your wonderful coloring too.
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, what a sweet card, Connie! I love those dear expressions and the rhinestone tear drop jewels in the rain! Beautiful card design (and yes I remember the song well! one of my favorites) hugs, de

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How come a rainy card is so perfect, LOVE it.
Faith x

Heather said...

This is super cute! Such a sweet image and I really like how you have framed it with the squares turned in different directions! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Janette said...

What a sweet card, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Loose Stitches said...

Lovely creation Connie! Thank you for sharing with us over at LeAnn's World 101. We love to see you join in each month.
~ Sherry DT/Coordinator xx

*Vicki* said...

That is such a cool and stunning design Connie! Really love the image, your colors and those rain drop gems are awesome!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Michelle said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Esther Asbury said...

Cute image - perfect for a spring card! So happy you linked up to the "Anything Goes" challenge over on The House That Stamps Built!

Monica C. said...

Beautiful card and such a sweet image. I love the offset squares. Makes a lovely layout.
Hugs Monica

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Love your card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
Blessings,
CGC DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

Sybrina K said...

Hi Connie, How fun to see your sweet card in our W2CB Gallery! I love your color choices... and am in awe of your coloring skills. Thanks for sharing with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Connie Can Crop said...

Such a beautiful card! Love your coloring and your design! Thank you for entering at Crafty Gals Corner! Good luck

TracyM #6773 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
You were one of the lucky winners from Challenge #190 - April Showers at the Crafty Gals Corner!
Please visit the blog to claim your prize :)

Vandra said...

A very sweet card, I'm not sure you've quite got the Lagoon colour matched its more of an aqua (that might be the lighting) but its lovely regardless. Thanks for sharing at Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What an adorable image and great coloring and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

This is such a sweet card. I like how you shaded the image and framed it with the patterned papers. Thank you for sharing your creation at Color My Heart Color Dare. 💙☕MissC