Saturday, April 20, 2019

A Barefoot Kind of Summer

     We've had our first two days of temperatures in the 90s (F) and that's just to prepare us for the hot, hot, HOT days just over the horizon.  Today's card is my only salute to high temperatures since I really hate unbearable hot weather.  When it gets over 100, I regret living where I do.

     But, for now, I love this darling little girl from Conie Fong.  She's a classic, barefoot, summer girl.  :-D


     I colored with ProMarkers and gel inks, then cut the image and the frame with Bo Bunny dies, inlaying them when I adhered them to the dp background.  That paper is from my stash and I have no idea what company made it.

     The ribbon is lavender and has metallic fibers running through it.  Because of the delicate detail in the die cut frame and the print in the dp, I decided that no further embellishment was needed. 

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafty Addicts
Creations in Pink
Creative Fingers
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Festive Fri.
Scrap from Your Heart
Scrappy Land
Word Art Weds.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very sweet and elegant!!

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie, I love this adorable image and wonderful die you have used to frame her. Happy Easter my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

90?! Wow, that's way too hot for me right now! We are just tipping towards 70 today! Your card is so sweet! Love that image and your beautiful coloring Connie! Wishing you a lovely weekend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

90F oh! my, we are having mid 70's, so unusual for so early in the year, but it's glorious. I Love your adorable image framed as it is. a beautiful card COnnie.
Faith x

Davi said...

I love this image, very pretty and nicely colored! The Die cut looks really pretty with her. Summer sure has come in early this year, we are to get to 103 next wee,,,,way toooo early! Im with you on hot weather but done know that snow is any better lol.

Mari said...

Very cute! I really like the design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Scrap from your heart!
- DT Mari

Monica C. said...

Oh she is so beautiful Connie! That die made a gorgeous frame.
I enjoy the warm weather and even when it gets hot, I am grateful that we don't get the freezing weather in winter.
Hugs Monica

Creative world said...

Stunning card with awesome image and fabulous design...than you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Polkadoodles said...

Such an awesome project! Thanks so much for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge blog, good luck!https://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Lisa Bird said...

Stunning card and image.
Thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Sharon Noble said...

Hiya thank you for joining us at I love pro markers big hugs Sharon xxx

Irene Axiotis said...

Beautiful card! Love the coloring! Thank you for joining us at Creations in Pink.
DT Irene and Nicki