Friday, February 15, 2019

Three Blind Mice

     Welcome to yet another Friday and the start of another "Anything Goes" challenge at QKR Stampede.   I've been playing with some of the older images in my QKR collection and this one, called "Blind Mice," was perfect for a card that seems to say "I'm really missing you!"


     I made this card before I found my markers so this is colored with a combination of water color paints and colored pencils.  I cut the image and the sentiment with Unbranded, cross-stitch dies, then mounted both pieces onto a scrap of dark blue CS.

     The argyle plaid paper was in my stash of 12 x 12 scrapbooking papers which I am determined to use following the reorganization (which forced me to recognize and admit just how much paper I have in my rather overwhelming stash!)  There's no getting around the fact that I have to use up a ton of paper before I can justify purchasing any more.  lol

     I found a scrap of jute cord in a color perfect for this card and added it before layering on the image.  I wanted this to be a masculine card so I didn't embellish it any further.

     Challenges:
Cardz TV
Crafting from the Heart
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Friends
Creative Fingers
Cutie Pie
Ike's World
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Festive Fri
Take It, Make It

     Have a great weekend and come play with us this week.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

creationsnz said...

This is great nanaconnie, it made me laugh. Great paper too. CarolG

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute and fun card! Great colouring, too!

Linda Simpson said...

Another fabulous card Connie, love the mice.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Monica C. said...

This card is brilliant. The image and sentiment work so well together and the plaid background is perfect.
Hugs
Monica

Teresa Arsenault said...

I really like the masculine design of this with that spectacular paper. The sentiment is perfect and the image so cute. hugs & howdy from bonnie Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! this is just adorable Connie, I love the image, but your sentiment makes it the tops.
Faith
x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your fun mice card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Shelly Schmidt said...

So adorable! The sentiment is so perfect with this image- Fabulous card!

*Vicki* said...

The mice are too funny!! Love the wonderful background plaid design and that sweet sentiment! HUGS

Elina Stromberg said...

So cute! Image and sentiment text match perfectly :)
Thanks for playing with us at Craft Stamper blog challenge ❤

Sall said...

Such a fun image. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

ike said...

A lovely card and great colouring. Thank you for coming to play at IkesWorld Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)