Sunday, February 10, 2019

The Morning After

     Those of you with feline fur babies will completely understand this card because all of them sneak off to party when we're not watching the (cat) door and this is how they appear when finally they bring their bedraggled selves home!  In this case, the Siamese must have been the "designated driver" since he's showing few ill effects.  lol


I started with the sketch from Beccy's Place
and the images are also from Beccy.
I used colors from the challenge at C.R.A.F.T.
with the red and pink being in the dp "flags."

  

     I started by merging the three cat images, then colored them with my ProMarkers.  The gray background is washed with a muddle of watercolor paints and the image piece laid on top of it.  I printed and hand-cut the sentiment, then matted it and hand cut that.

     The 'flag' strips were all cut from a single, two-sided scrap of 7 Gypsies paper which had been slipped back into the stack.  Instead of throwing it away, I cut and used the little flags from it.  The diamond texture ribbon is from my (huge) stash of Really Reasonable Ribbon bits.  The dark brown, grosgrain, bow was hand made and I added a tiny sequin star to it.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Digi Choosday
Lemon Shortbread
Passion for ProMarkers
Southern Girls
SUYP Cats
TTCRD

     OK, I'm taking the rest of the day off to be a lazy couch potato!  I may even fall asleep with the TV on.  I'm tired of boxes and chores.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How fun card!! :D Those cats make me giggling :D
I close all my cats at home during night, sorry but NO parties for them LOL :D

Sheryl said...

I do need these images. I love all things feline and this card is just perfect.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Rae Ann said...

Love the variety of banner shapes you used and the colors are so fun. These kitties made me smile!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Glenda Atkins said...

Just too cute Connie, love those images of the cats and your hilarious sentiment. Adore this card!
hugs
Glenda

Ella's Design said...

Great card using those fun feline images, Connie and teamed brilliantly with that sentiment! Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

Monica C. said...

Those guys were definitely up to something! Brilliant card.
Hugs
Monica

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous and look like mischief is about to occur. Good luck in your new abode.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Superb card, those cats really enjoy themselves LOL. Love the papers and details Connie.
Faith

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

I love your kitties!

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Beccy said...

I LOVE this NC, how funny! My favourite is the bleary-eyed cat in the top left... those eyes sure look sore. The sentiment is awesome too and works perfectly with the images. Such a clever idea.
Cheers,
Beccy

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh these kitties are too funny!! So love the variations of the colored markings too!! Brilliantly done Connie! HUGS :)

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS card!
LOVE your fun, furry, felines, great colouring, design and sneaky party background story!
Thank You for joining our Animal Antics with Team Lou challenge at the Southern Girls Challenge Blog :)

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week.

Borqna said...

Bravo!
Good luck!

ike said...

Hahahaha - this is FABULOUS and really made me laugh.
Yes - a few times some of mine have looked like this LoL
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog