Thursday, February 21, 2019

Spring Bird in His Garden

     This image from the Progressive Challenge at Limited Runs is so perfect for spring (which hasn't arrived at my house yet - how about yours?)  Each day with a freezing temperature makes me wish more strongly for spring. 


     Before I had decided what to do for the background, I saw that the Color challenge at The Outlawz gave us one color (green), an option to choose two other colors from the inspiration photo (see below) - I chose pink and pale blue - and the twist was to make our own background.  I sorted through the dp scraps on my desk, added a strip of washi tape, and laid them all together on the card front to make the background.  Fortunately, all the dp scraps were distressed and worked well together.


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and cut it with a stitched Unbranded die.  The glossy, pink frame was cut with a Cottage Cutz pinpoint die.  I thought they complemented each other.  The pale pink satin ribbon was a left over scrap and the deep pink ribbon for the bow was in my stash.  I added a tiny gemstone to it.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments
Digi Choosday
Lemon Shortbread
Papercraft
Passion for ProMarkers
{PIN}spirational
TTCRD

     Thanks for visiting.  Please stop by again tomorrow when I'll have my weekly post for QKR Stampede.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

There is something so beautiful about pink and green together, Connie, and you've brought them together even more beautifully with those amazing background papers, and sweet image. I imagine you are REALLY wondering where spring is after the winter events the past week! YIKES! Even snow in San Diego!? What's this world coming to. In the meantime, we have record breaking highs. Thanks for sharing your darling card! Wishing you a great week-end. Hugs, de

Lori Kobular said...

Love the papers you used on this very pretty card! That bird is adorable!

*Vicki* said...

This is such a happy Spring creation Connie! I agree with you on Spring for sure!! :) It's nice over my way as it's been sunny the last couple of days and it's reaching a balmy 41 degrees today! Yay! Your image is so cute and thanks for bringing some sunshine to my blog visit today!!HUGS

Cards By MI said...

Lovely looking card with stunning colours and spring feel to it. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute and fun! Love how you mixed modern and vintage feels!

Ribbon Girl said...

It certainly looks like Spring from my window! Nice card. Thanks for joining in with the Polkadoodles Digi choosday Crafting Challenge, best of luck, hope to see you here again, Mary x

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I love your card! I do wonder if Spring will ever get here! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Julie Reed said...

Very sweet card and great papers.
Thank you for sharing with us at DIGI CHOOSDAY this week.
Julie DT x

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! I wish it was Spring here!!! But, no we're getting snow again tomorrow :( Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

M DelValle said...

Very cute card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

Julie said...

oooh such a pretty card! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck!

Shelly said...

I love Spring! Great card. Thank you for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week and good luck, Shelly x

Silke said...

Such a beautiful card and gorgeous scene you have created. Thank you for playing along at Papercraft Challenge, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs, Silke