Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Shopping for a Christmas Birthday

     I absolutely love the image from the Sasayaki Glitter Progressive Challenge this month and it's perfect for my daughter-in-law who has an almost-Christmas birthday that often gets lost in the rush of all the holiday festivities.  I try to do a separate birthday card for her every year, in addition to her Christmas card.  I know she'll love the silly sentiment on this one.


     Everything was done with scraps this time, including printing the image onto a scrap of white CS.  I colored the image with ProMarkers, but the gold and silver gift bags are colored with metallic paint pens.  I then cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  The dark green frame was also cut from a scrap with another die that same set. 

     The sentiment is printed with a computer font, then hand cut, inked along the edges, and mounted onto the bottom of the image piece.  I added a bow, made with a scrap of sheer ribbon and 'dyed' green with a marker, then sewn together with a tiny pearl.

     Challenges:
Color My Heart
Colour Crazy
Hiding in my Craft Room
Morgan's ArtWorld
Outlawz Festive Friday
Polkadoodles
Star Stampz
Victorine Originals
Winter Wonderland

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

LOL!! My daughter's fiance's birthday is on the 28th and I know he feels like he misses out on a birthday celebration, but we will make it happen! Your card is really sweet and I am sure your DIL will love it!

Donna Ellis said...

Your little shopper is darling, and looks wiped out from her shopping, but happy. LOL Beautifully colored! hugs, de

Sue Nicholson said...

Great card and fab character, thanks for sharing and joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge cheers Sue (gdt)

Linda Simpson said...

This image is so cute! I love how you have showcased her with the fabulous frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Becca Sadler said...

Charming card! I too have cousins with December birthdays and one on the 25th. Finding ways to help them feel special is important. Thanks for being part of the Super Scraps Saturday challenge for HIMCR. From the DT, Becca

Jacki Daniels said...

This is gorgeous thank you so much for playing along this week at Polkadoodles
Jacki ♥♥ (polkaddoddles DT)

Pat K said...

Ha ha...great fun card. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is really sweet and cute too. I love the die cut and the sentiment. My sister had an almost Christmas birthday too. Hugs, Teresa

Beth F. said...

What a perfect card for your daughter-in-law! Thank you for joining us at SumMore Fun challenges.

Scrapper69 said...

That image is so cute & I LOVE the sentiment too! Adorable! I'm sure your DIL will love this! :) Thanks for playing along with us over at SumMore Fun Challenges!

Theresa (SumMore Fun DT)

Lisa Mensing said...

How cute! Thanks for playing along at SumMore Fun Challenge Blog. DTM Lisa

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

Simply stunning card, love the color and added embellishments. Thanks for playing along with us over at SumMore Fun Challenges! Design Team Member, MaryAnn

Sharon Smith said...

What a great idea for a nearly Christmas birthday card. Love the colors and the theme
Thanks for joining our challenge at Sum More Fun - good luck!
Sharon - DT member for Sum More Fun!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Connie, such a fun image and sentiment! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x - CT for Morgan's ArtWorld

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

What an adorable card, love the colors and your shopper. Thank you for joining us at SumMore Fun/Victorine Originals ~DT Heather

Unknown said...

My daughter is the same way, birthday in December! I love your idea! You're a super thoughtful mother-in-law! Thanks for joining us at SumMore Fun! ~DT Jamie

Unknown said...

So cute! Love this shopper! Thank you for joining us in December for our Traditional Color Dare.