Saturday, December 23, 2017

Embossed Ornament

     I searched through some really old stamps and found this Christmas ornament which I haven't used in several years so it definitely was time.  I originally bought this stamp set along with a set of dies from Sparkle n Sprinkle perfectly shaped to these ornaments.  They weren't intended to match the stamps but they worked.  However, for this card I just heat embossed the stamp without using the die set.  I decided on a fairly simple card with only minimal embellishment.


     I stamped the ornament with Versamark ink, then embossed it with red EP.  I cut it with a rectangle die from Spellbinders, and then cut two layers of CS mats for it (same die set), one tan and one red.  I layered those together, then added the ornament but adhered it only across the top of the rectangle.  I found some very old dp which had delightful tan snowflakes on deep red paper and it worked perfectly with the mats for the image.

     I adhered it to the card front, then took a strip of sheer gold ribbon with green edges and tied it around the card front before adding the image piece.  Beyond that ribbon, I left it without embellishment.

     Challenges:
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafting from the Heart
Crafting with an Attitude
Cute Card Thurs.
DL.ART
Glitter n Sparkle
Merry Monday  (top row)
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Star Stampz

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous stamp Connie, I love the beautiful CAS card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. I have that ornament stamp also and love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

Linda said...

Very pretty embossed ornament. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Very elegant card Connie, love the rich colour paper you used.
Faith
x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So yummy with the vintage embossed ornament! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday!!

@d_e_crafts said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge.

Janette said...

Lovely card Connie, thanks for sharing it with us at CRAFT this week, Merry Christmas...xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! I love that ornament stamp, just gorgeous!

Brenda said...

I love that embossing powder, that red ornament really pops! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Happy Holidays!

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely Creation thanks for sharing with us at craft and hope you hade a good christmas

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card, the ornament is lovely I love it.
Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #218-“Christmas” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com


Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Connie, love the Ornament and design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Star Stampz! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Star Stampz