Saturday, July 30, 2016

Harvest Days Owl

     I love the images I find at Morgan's Artworld, especially when I find something a bit different from her beautiful lady faeries and woodland nymphs.  This owl is one of those treasures and I decided to make a fall/ harvest-season card which I'll probably use for my daughter's Thanksgiving card this year.  She adores owls so it's perfect.


     The owl is colored with ProMarkers and I used some of my pale gray and blue Copics for the sky.  I used a negative die cut (left over from another project) to frame the image, and then punched the corners to add a bit more decorative shape.

     I added orange twine and a bow (dyed with ProMarkers for the color I wanted), and then found three die cut butterflies for embellishment.  I used loose glitter on them for a touch of sparkle.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Aud Sentiments
Butterfly Challenge
Colour Crazy Craft
Corrosive Challenge
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Gals Corner
Morgan's Artworld
One Stitch at a Time
Paper Shelter
Simon Says Stamp

     I know it isn't fall yet, but since we're on day 8 of a heat wave which has put us into the 108 to 111 degree range, and which is predicted to run at least another 6 days of 103 or higher, I'm ready for fall to get here with some crisp mornings and cool evenings!  Yes, fall is my favorite season -- lovely days, not too cold but cool enough to open up the windows and enjoy the scents and sounds of the harvest season.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Happy weekend to you Connie, boy that is hot! I hope you manage to stay cool. A gorgeous card and I do love this owl.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Goodness! You're hotter than we are for sure! That's just a little too warm. Maybe if you start making fall (like this one) and winter cards, it'll cool down some. Love that regal looking owl. Pretty card!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really beautiful card, I love the image and how you have shown it off.
HOT! OH! I wouldn't mind a day or 2 of that, we seem to have been in Autumn mode all Summer!
Faith
x

Lin said...

I love this image, too, Connie! Nicely colored, and I like your added embellishments, too! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Mrs A. said...

I love your punched corner design for this card. what a gorgeous owl image this is and looks good here on your card. Thankyou for fluttering by my Butterfly challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lovely colouring of this gorgeous owl image and great design on your card. hugs, Teresa
(You will love the image I have for you tomorrow)

Wanda said...

Beautiful image and your coloring is fantastic! I love that you are already thinking fall and thanksgiving for your daughter. Thanks for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Connie love the colour's and fabulous design thank you for joining us over on
Morgans Art World Challenge 'Use a Die'

Dianne xx
MAW CT

Dawn said...

Hot hot hot!
I love your owl card, great colouring too!
Hope you manage to stay cool!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful autumnal card with this lovely owl and the leftover frame,it's just perfect around him! Love the sparkling butterflies and the punched corners. Thanks for playing in the Butterfly Challenge #59!

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh I do love owls and this one is a winner. Great card NanaConnie, love the fall colours.
hugs
Glenda

Tracey said...

Such a perfect fall card Connie. Your daughter is sure to love it, especially with that beautiful owl you coloured. The glitter is a nice touch and so ingenious of you to use your leftover die cut negatives as frames. Thanks for playing along this week and I hope to see you back again soon. Good luck!
Hugs, Tracey (One Stitch at a Time DT)

Haideelum said...

Me encantó el búho, los colores quedaron muy bien y toda la tarjeta en conjunto esta con colores muy bien coordinados¡

I loved the owl, the colors were very well and the whole card on the whole this with colors very well coordinated¡
Thank you for participating with us in CORROSIVE CHALLENGE BLOG!
DT Haideé Corrosive Challenge Blog
haideelum.blogspot.mx