Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Framed Butterflies

     This is my second post as a GD at Scrapy Land and we have a new challenge starting today with a theme of "Emboss It," either dry or heat embossing.  While I usually do dry embossing, this time I decided to do heat embossing so that I could try some really new, glittery EP that I got from Sparkle n Sprinkle.  As promised in my first Scrapy Land post two weeks ago, this card is much more complex and fancy than my first card which was very much CAS.  :-D


     For this card, I used a die set by Sue Wilson called "Delicate Garden Frame."  There are a total of six dies in the set and I used them all to get the different layers (there are seven if you count the card base) and three of the layers are mounted on pop dots for some dimension.  The papers are from Stampin' Up.

     I cut the butterflies and then heat embossed them with "Cerulean Star" glittery EP.  I used a Versamarker pen on the darker flowers in the frame and heat embossed them with the same EP.   In the center of each of those flowers, I glued one of the tiniest flowers and added a dot of glitter to their centers.

     The ribbon was in my stash and I tied the bow, then next to it I added the three tiny flowers with glittered centers.

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Butterfly Challenge
Classic Design Team Open
Crafty Awesomeness
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper
Creatalicious
CCC Digi
Die Cut Divas
Nordsalten Hobbyklub
Petal Lu
Sisters of Craft
Sparkle n Sprinkle

     Dig out your EPs and heat gun or your embossing folders and come play with us this week.  Remember to use dies from one of the more than 40 companies sold by Scrapy Land.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

27 comments:

Samra said...

Beautifully done! and in my favorite color :)
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Such a beautiful summer card! I love the butterflies and that gorgeous Sue Wilson frame!

Anne Temple said...

This is beautiful! Love all the layers and the colors. You used one of my favorite embossing powder color on the butterfly.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, the frame is fabulous and loving the butterflies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love the image and your bps. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Patricia Chalas said...

Gorgeous card... Nana Connie!!!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the layers and the dies you've used!! I'm adding that SW Delicate Garden Frame to my wish list!! The butterflies are stunning!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Love your framed butterflies, so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Nancy Hill said...

Love the frame from Sue Wilson. Beautiful card. Hugs Nancy

Deedee Anderson said...

Wowzers, this is stunning, NC! So many little amazing details you put into it! I honestly can't remember the last time I hear embossed anything, but might have to give it a go. Thanks for your messages on my blog. I lost everything including contacts a couple months back when my computer died, so I don't have your email address anymore. But my new email address is craftydeedee@gmail.com, and if you email me I can add your email address again. Hugs!

Intruderlady said...

Gorgeous card.Love the frame and butterflies.
Thanks for joining our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Good luck!
Kitty DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW this is so beautiful, love the dies, paper, butterflies, flowers, ribbon, OK EVERYTHING.
Faith
x

creationsnz said...

nice and sparkly. SO glad you joined the Die Cut Divas, CarolG

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning ! Love this SW Die , So elegant !
Hugs
Maryvonne

Mrs A. said...

The layering up of all the dies makes your card really pop. The colours are lovely and I do like the way you have added the flowers to the thin ribbon. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice into the prizes. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth Hart said...

So gorgeous - the die cut is fabulous on this card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Arlene said...

Lovely card. I love butterflies.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Dawn said...

Beautiful & very elegant!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Mari said...

Lovely card! Thank you for being creative with us at NSHK.
Mari-DT

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

So pretty! Your embossing is perfect :) What a great job. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge. -Chris, SNS DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, very clasy and elegant :) thank you for joining us at Crafting Circle's Crafty Awesomeness Challenge

Laine Kammeraad said...

Hi NC - how are you?? Your card is gorgeous (as always). It's very elegant and love the color. Beautiful work my friend.

With smiles
Laine Kammeraad

Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Laine DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Unknown said...

beautiful creation and thanku for joining us, goodluck with your entry
Kristyn DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Jackie C said...

Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member

Sherrie K. said...

Stunning card! I LOVE the Delicate Garden frame~you showcased it perfectly:) Just gorgeous!
Sherrie k

BlackLissi said...

This is beautiful Connie! Love the frame and butterflies.
Thanks for joining us at Nordsalten hobbyklubb.
DT Maria