Friday, June 28, 2024

Butterfly Birthday

      We're starting a new challenge at Crafty Catz today.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" but we also offer an OPTIONAL theme for those of you who are adventurous enough to try it.  The option this time is "Embellishments."  

     We are sponsored this fortnight by SheepSki Designs.  They provided the team with images we could use but I chose one from my own collection, called "Butterfly Curl."  This card will go into my "Birthday" collection for future use.

     I printed the image, added a birthday sentiment to it, and printed it onto pale blue CS.  I colored a few of the butterflies with Sanjoki markers and gel pens, leaving most of the butterflies as uncolored, outline sketches.  I decided to use my favorite color combo of all times, aqua and purple.  Purple is my favorite color and aqua goes so well with it that I use them together often.  I cut the image with a QuicKutz die.

     The two, horizontal, strips of paper came from the scrap basket.  The blue butterfly embellishment is machine embroidered and the purple butterfly is a ribbon bow, tied and trimmed to look like a butterfly shape.  It was white, initially, but I 'dyed' it with a Sanjoki marker.


     Challenges:
As You Like It
C.R.A.F.T.
Pammie's IPnull
Pattie's Creationsnull

     Come play with us this fortnight, won't you?  Remember, Anything Goes unless you prefer to challenge yourself to "Embellish" your project.  Be sure to check out all the DT cards over on the main challenge site.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

1 comment:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card ,
Have a great weekend
Ginny