Monday, October 18, 2021

Holy Cow !

      I was invited to be a Guest Designer at The Outlawz Tuesday Color challenge this fortnight and I happily said "Yes."  The sponsor is Hetty Clare and this adorable image is called "The Sun Hat."  I thought it was a fabulous image and I can tell you that it was fun to color!   

     I think I managed to get all the colors in the cue card for the challenge and, of course, used the twist of "Ribbon."  

     Doesn't she look like she's standing in a field of spring grass with a breeze blowing through all that hair?  :-D  I colored with my ProMarkers, then cut the image with a Dare 2B Artzy die.  I cut the purple CS background with the same die, and inlaid the image into it after taping the strip of satin ribbon across the spot where the image would be.  

     The sentiment, cut with an Avery Elle die, was added on top of the image and I put the image into the background.  I laid that entire piece onto pink CS, wrapped the ends of the ribbon to the back side, and adhered that to the card front.  I used more of that satin ribbon to make the bow.


     Challenges:

     I hope to see you playing along in this challenge.  Not a member of  The Outlawz?  Consider joining; it's free, takes almost no time, and they have challenges for each day of the week plus one for using old stash items, and even a progressive challenge where you can get new images from a different artist once each month.  When you've joined, you can sign up to follow as many or as few of the different challenges as you like.  :-D
  
    Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Yay! Congrats on your guest DT gig! What a darling image and I just love the dimension you've given to your coloring on this cutie! Really fun card my friend!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Connie congrats on the guest DT spot. Love the image and the colours are beautiful. Love Alison x

Lori m said...

Congrats on being a Guest Designer, love the image, darling card, hugs, Lori m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Love this fun image and your card design, thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine DT

Sueb said...

Hello NanaConnie,
I love your Highland cow with her sun hat, she looks so proud of herself.
Thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at the ATG challenge for Through the Craft Room Door. TTCRD.blogspot.com
I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
With kind regards
Sue TTCRD DT
Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

Kinjal Trivedi said...

What a cute card and the cutest cow! Thank you for participating in our challenge. Hugs, Kinjal - DT https://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Oh, how cute!! Such a sweet image and I love how you used the color combo! I struggle with color combos so much, but you nailed it! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Maria Valente said...

This is such a sweet design and layout! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Congratulation NanaConnie. Beautiful card and colors. I love image Hetty Clare.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Cards By MI said...

Very charming! Thanks for playing along with my challenge over at Passion for Markers this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Julie said...

Super cute card Connie - love that image! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, Juliexx

Jana Forrest said...

Connie your cow is outstanding in this field. Your card turned out great. Thanks for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. DT~Jana

Lynne said...

A super card and cute cow. Thank you for joining in at the Cutie Pie challenge. Lynne DT

Wendy said...

Super cute card.. Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge :)
Wendy x