Monday, October 25, 2021

Day 1 - Cat Lovers Hop 2021

   

 

     Well, here it is the last weekend of October and that means it's time for the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop which starts today and will run through Saturday, October 30.  I've been playing in the hop each year for at least 5 years but I honestly don't remember if I started in 2015 or 2016 but it's become an annual ritual in my creativity routine.  :-D  This year I was invited by Janis to be one of the Guest Designers and I did GDT cards for Tuesday and Thursday so be sure to check those out when they post here on my blog.

     For today, I did a card using an image from Hetty Clare which I think is absolutely adorable.  I colored with my ProMarkers and cut the image with a die from QuicKutz.  It's 'framed' by cutting an aperture window in the card front (card base was made from flocked CS by Doodlebug) with a larger QuicKutz die from that same set, then attaching a square of charcoal-gray CS inside the front, and layering the image piece into the center of the gray.

     The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  I tied a quick bowtie made from lace and wrapped around the middle with satin ribbon.  The butterfly is machine embroidered.  I did a dozen or more of those last summer and tossed them into my stash, forgetting they were there until just yesterday.


     Challenges:

     I hope you are signed up for all the prizes and are going to play in the hop each day between now and the end on Saturday.  Obviously, you need to have one or more cats on your entries.  There are daily games and lots of wonderful inspiration so please come and join us.  Every cat lover will have something to share and those of you who are new to the Hop will find a ton of new 'cat crazy' friends.  :-D  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie    

37 comments:

mandysea said...

Its so lovely to visit again and fabulous you are a guest designer! I love your pretty little kitty card, what a sweet image! Happy hop hop hop visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop!

*Vicki* said...

That is one sweet little kitty and you've got her framed up beautifully on your design! Great card for any time of the year for sure! Love the addition of that butterfly as well!

Suzanne H said...

Super cute image. Sweet card you've put together.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Cute image love the colours you have used. Alison x

Becca Yahrling said...

Love all your very pretty details in this
gorgeous design. Very sweet!

Fikreta said...

so very cute!
Hello from Cat Lovers blog hop!

Carole J said...

Hi Nana Connie! Great to meet up again at the Cat Lovers Hop. Your Hetty Clare kitty is simply adorable and she looks fabulous in this fancy die cut frame. Looking forward to seeing all your kitty projects - have fun! xx

Priss BlaFu said...

So cute!!!!

Ellibelle said...

How very cute!! Love the fancy circle dies you used! And of course an adorable kitty!

Susan Renshaw said...

What a cute kitty!

SHartl said...

Awww, this is one cute kitty and I love the little bow detail and pretty die cuts.

Denise Bryant said...

Darling card with this cute kitty!

Karenladd said...

She is just the cutest little kitty and I love the pink paper and rose.

Angela said...

Beautiful card and great image.

ike said...

That is so pretty and what a cute kitty. :-)
Thank you for coming to play at SUYP Cats Challenges and great to see you on the Hop.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

valscraftings said...

Love the cute kitty, fab card!

Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Sweet cat and card. Hello from Cat Lovers blog hop!

Leslie said...

Waving hi from the Cat Lovers Hop! Your card is so very sweet! Adorable image and I love the die you used to cut her out!

Bunny said...

I don't know if I signed up for all the prizes. I think I'm lost.If you have the link to sign up for the prizes send it over, please.

Cute card. Lovely papers and a nice bow. [Bunny]

Tee said...

A very pretty card! Love the sweet & adorable kitty and little pink bow!

V. K. said...

A sweet and cute cat all in an elegant frame. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: So pretty! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Michele K. Henderson said...

What a sweet little kitty! I love your fun design! It's great seeing you at the Cat Lovers Hop this year! Take Care!

Creaellenknutselsite said...

beautiful pink card i love the stamp
tanks for joining us at creations in pink
hugs ellen DT

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Wow! Such a creative and beautiful card! I love everything about it; from the color, to the details and also the sweet smiling kitty! And I love that you used your embroidered butterfly! What a great use of your beautiful embroidery!

Marjeta said...

Adorable image and great card. Thanks for playing with us at Colour Crazy.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, NanaConnie! Your kitty card is adorable, and I like the die-cuts you used! Also pink is my favourite colour! Thank you for Guest Designing for Janis - you did a beautiful job!

Jackie C said...

So pleased to see your entry here at Creations in Pink.
This is a lovely project.
Thanks for sharing.
Jackie DT @ Creations in Pink

Lori Podolsky said...

Hi Connie! Your card is super sweet and totally delightful. Love it! Have a lovely day. xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fabulous card thanks for entering at Crafty Catz cute image

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely cute card.

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Nana Connie
The card is super cute. Love your cats too. I have seen your name but it is my first time visiting you.tc stay safe

Nina B said...

Adorable card!!!!, love how that decorative die cut circle highlights that sweet kitty!!

Claire said...

Aww sweet card, your kitty reminds me of Marie in Aristocats. Congrats on being asked to Guest Design at the Cat Lovers hop :) x

Janis said...

What a cute image! Love how you did the aperture cut to frame it. Pink and gray are a fave color combo of mine. So pretty....esp with the bow and butterfly embellies!
Thanks so much for participating in the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

My Side of Oz said...

I love Hetty Clare’s images! This is such a sweet card! I was happy to see your fabulous cards in the guest designer portion of the Cat Lovers Hop! So lovely!

flossbite said...

Super cute creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Craty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge. Hope to see you again.