Thursday, October 14, 2021

Christmas Owls and Stockings

      I supposed all creatures hang stockings for Santa to fill and I remember seeing this darling Penny Black stamp for the first time.  I fell in love and it went right into my cart.  :-D   That was a few years back and I've used it before on Christmas cards but I used non-traditional colors.  I think this is the first time I've done it all in red and green.

     Colored with ProMarkers and pencils, with gel pens for highlights.  I cut the image and the sentiment with Die-namics dies.  For the sentiment piece, I cut it once, then shifted the die and cut again to get the size/shape I needed.  

     The diagonal dp is a scrap left over from another project and is from a Graphic 45 stack.  The snowflake is cut from felt.  I kept the card as flat as possible because it's going to be mailed.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh this is a fun design NC! Great image too, love it!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

I love this those owls are so cute. Alison x

Jane said...

What a lovely card - your colouring is gorgeous
.

Kathy Krug said...

Such cute Christmas owls. I love the baby owl in the stocking. Thanks for playing along with us at Double D Owl or Pumpkin Challenge.
Kathy
DD DT

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this little Owl Family is so darn cute! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Owls and/or Pumpkins’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Heather said...

Awww . . . they are soooooo adorable!! I can see why you had to have this one! Your coloring is fabulous and I think they look perfect in red and green! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Linda Mc Enery said...

What an adorable image! I completely understand why it needed a loving home with you. This is so lovely in traditional Christmas colours. I love your diagonal strip and the unusual placement of your sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Diane said...

Super cute owl family!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Elaine Stark said...

Those owls are so cute. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

I love your image, lovely Christmas card.Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Jacquie Klueh said...

Your card is beautiful.

coldwaters2 said...

What a wonderful festive creation I absolutely love that image also the fabulous colours thank you for joining our challenge at THE PAPER SHELTER this week
hugs
lorraine x

Helen said...

These little owls are just adorable and are perfect for your sweet Christmas card Connie! A lovely clever design really bring it all to life!! Thanks so much for sharing at PB Saturday Challenge. Stay safe! :)