Friday, January 1, 2021

Smiling Snails

      We are starting the first challenge of the New Year over at QKR Stampede and we always have an Anything Goes theme.  Today you get treated to two of my posts and both of them feature images from QKR Stampede.  If you missed my first post, just scroll down to the post immediately below, which has my DT card for 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and QKR Stampede is sponsoring that challenge this month.

     My DT card here features two snail images from QKR, each named "Smiling Snail."  The one on the left is #16214 (reversed) and the one on the right is #15815."


Colored w ProMarkers
Cut w QuicKutz die
Silver satin ribbon threaded & hand tied
CAS design

      I also want to tell you about a fun "challenge-yourself" idea being promoted by my blogging buddy, V.  It's called "Just Stash January" and it involves using nothing but things already in your stash throughout the entire month of January!  There are a few reasonable exceptions (all of which mean that no money has come out of your pocket) and you can read about those on her post.  Just click on the link and find out all about it, then start counting those coins and bills you'll be 'stashing' in your pocket this month instead of crying about even more charges on the credit cards after the holiday season.  :-D  Everything on this card came from the stash!

     Challenges:

     You have 2 weeks to play in our challenge and we'd love to see you entering.  Remember, the projects you enter inspire us and we love that!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE this Connie, the colouring is Super as always but the sentiment had me laughing. Thank you.
Keep safe
Faith x

meg said...

Love your images and sentiment,I think they make a lovely couple

Birgit said...

What a funny and cute card to start the new year off with! Thanks for linking up to the DRU challenge. Best of luck to you!

Linda Simpson said...

Such a beautiful card. Wishing you a Happy New Year my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

V @Passions&Distractions said...

I love this card and am cracking up at the idea of drag racing snails! I always forget about reversing images and it’s so easy with digis! So glad you’re joining me for Just Stash January! I can’t wait to see what all you create!

Karen Page said...

Super cute and I especially love the woven ribbon through the die cut!!! Love the sentiment you chose too! Happy to see you playing along with V's Just Stash January. I plan to as well, but for me it may be much more about the no spending rather than creating all month from my stash. If I can stick to it, 99% of the year with be "Just Stash" if we consider V's exception made for DT work. Despite not going to expos or stamp shows, I somehow managed to spend like I did! Time to use all the goodies that have accumulated!

*Vicki* said...

Your snails are too cute and really love the ribbon treatment around your image panel too!!