Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Flaky Friends

      Growing up as I did in southern California, I had little chance to see snow much less make snowmen.  We would sometimes visit my grandfather's vacation cabin up in the mountains during the winter and I always did my best to make a snowman, even if it was only a small one.  When I accomplished that, I would then refer to it as my "flaky friend!"  To this day, I adore snowmen and I use them on winter cards whenever possible.  I'd use them on summer cards, too, but they might melt.  lol

      Here's one for the BINGO challenge at Catch the Bug this week.  I actually did two of the BINGO columns - a diagonal (Snowflakes/ Bugaboo Image/ Ribbon) and also the 3rd column (3 layers/ die or punch - I used both/ Ribbon.)


Colored w ProMarkers
Image & 2 circles cut w Sizzix dies
Blue dp from scrap stash
Snowflakes cut w AI dies
Sentiment cut w Avery Elle die
Signature bow w pearl
Sheer, striped ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon
Bottom card corners rounded w Fiskars punch

     Challenges:

     I'm still following the "challenge-yourself" idea being promoted by my blogging buddy, V.  It's called "Just Stash January" and it involves using nothing but things already in your stash throughout the entire month of January!  There are a few reasonable exceptions (all of which mean that no money has come out of your pocket) and you can read about those on her post.  Just click on the link above to find out all about it, then start counting those coins and bills you'll be 'stashing' in your pocket this month instead of crying about even more charges on the credit cards after the holiday season.  :-D  Everything on this card came from the stash! 

     Have a wonderful creative day and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Heather Mills said...

Oh, you poor thing! Snowman making is the best thing to do in the snow!! I lived in New Hampshire growing up, so I had LOTS of opportunities to make snowmen. Your snowman, here on this card is so adorable and I love your fun layout! Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs and The House That Stamps Built.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a cute snowman too! Love this fun card, thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine DT

Elaine Stark said...

He is adorable. A lovely card. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

V @Passions&Distractions said...

So cute!!!! I’ve been totally enamored with snow since moving up north!!

Also, I am planning my final Just Stash wrap up post for January 31st. I would love to include a picture of your favorite project that you created during this challenge if you would be comfortable with that. If so, please let me know the most convenient way for you to share it with me! You know my email! 😉

Julie said...

Awwh, such a cute Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week, good luck! Juliexx

Nathalie said...

Oh it’s funny. Thank for playing with us at Di’s Digi challenge this week.
Nathalie DT

Monica C. said...

I also did not grow up with snow and so it always was fun to make a snowman when I ended up in some. But today I certainly don't want to see any outside my front door.
Sweet card and great on using all those Bingo items.
Hugs Monica

OlgaB said...

This is just so cute! love the way you used your circles!
Thank you for joining Catch the Bug's Bingo challenge!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Stacey said...

What a cute card. I love the snowman. Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's.

DT Stacey
www.butterflycreations.blog

Linda Mc Enery said...

I love the story about your snowman building as a child. No such luck for me, living in a permanent heatwave! This is so sweet! Love the colours you chose for the scalloped circles and the wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

Ilonka said...

Youre card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Lynne said...

A gorgeous cute snowman. Thank you for joining in at the Cutie Pie challenge. Lynne DT

KathyA. said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Donna Walls said...

I can never get enough of Snowmen, they are my winter fav also. I live in Florida so...I better not see any snow here! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna, DT