Friday, January 15, 2021

Seeking Snowman

    Here we are in the middle of the month and it's time to start a new challenge over at QKR Stampede.  As usual, our theme is "Anything Goes" and you have two ways to win; if you use an image from QKR (or their sister company, Eureka Stamps), your entry is put into a separate draw from all other entries and that increases your chances of winning by a huge amount!

     For my DT card today, I used a cute image called "Seeking Snowman" which I reversed before printing.  Think of it as something we've all thought more than once during this ridiculously long pandemic.  :-D   Despite that, I'm using it as a birthday card for a gal who's looking for all those years already behind her.  

     I did this in my favorite winter color combo of blues.  That combo always makes me think cold & icy which is perfect for a winter card.


I used the colors from My Favorite Things.

Colored w ProMarkers
Cut w CUTplorations die
Mat cut w Spellbinders die
Grosgrain bow
Sentiment cut w Avery Elle die
Card front hand-embossed w stylus

      Challenges:


     I have a second card to share today and this image is called "Sleepy Owl" but why he's sleepy when the moon is out is beyond me.  I think the sentiment expresses everything that needs to be said.  lol

Colors from CMH Color Dare (Lemonade, Lagoon, Peacock, brown & black)

Colored w ProMarkers & water colors
Cut w Dare 2B Artsy die
'Linen Closet' dp
Sheer blue ribbon
Black satin bow
Gems from CTMH

     Challenges:

     Once again, I'm following the "challenge-yourself" idea being promoted by my blogging buddy, V.  It's called "Just Stash January" and it involves using nothing but things already in your stash throughout the entire month of January!  There are a few reasonable exceptions (all of which mean that no money has come out of your pocket) and you can read about those on her post.  Just click on the link above to find out all about it, then start counting those coins and bills you'll be 'stashing' in your pocket this month instead of crying about even more charges on the credit cards after the holiday season.  :-D  Everything on this card came from the stash! 

     I hope we're going to see you playing along with us this fortnight.  Remember, it's Anything Goes and you can use any image from any company.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous. Stay safe my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

meg said...

Love the sentiment you teamed with these images,both are the perfect finishing touch to two fabulous cards

Chris said...

This little owl looks like I feel- not at night, in the mornings! I think I AM nocturnal! Happy to be up reading half the night but then not ready to believe it's time to start another day. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card at Crafty Calendar.
Chris
x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Sooo cute, love the expression on the owl's face... nicely colored and adorable card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

brenda said...

It's a lovely snowman creation but it's that Owl that really made me smile and adore the colour palette on that card, many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Très jolie carte avec l'image colorée de ce pépère hibou ensommeillé. Trop rigolo, j'adore !
Merci de votre participation à notre challenge Colour Crazy.
Bonne chance en espérant vous revoir de nouveau.
MaryannG Guest Designer CCC

Very nice card with the colorful image of this sleepy owl cushy. Too funny, I love it!
Thank you for participating in our Colour Crazy challenge.
Good luck hoping to see you again.
MaryannG Guest Designer CCC

Elaine Stark said...

Deightful cards. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

pinky said...

Two brilliant cards, loving the snowman! The owl looks like me after a long night lol. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You are so clever with your cards Connie, LOVE, LOVE them both.
Faith x

Suze said...

Great cards NanaConnie. That sentiment on the second card says it all!

Paper Crafting With Rebecca said...

That owl is cute... I am a nocturnal person, but I get that look in the morning. LOL

MortiCraft said...

That owl and I have a lot in common!! Lovely sweet card. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Michelle said...

Cute cards! The owl is adorable. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Shawna said...

This card is adorable. It is nicely laid out but I must say it is the sentiment that captures my heart! This owl speaks so well to that sentiment it just cracks me up. Love it!! Thank you for joining us at CMHCD.

Debi said...

I think I found my spirit animal. Cute card. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

MeSi said...

So fun card, love it. Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!
Merja DT

Pattie G said...

What a cute card! It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Anything Goes”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

Susan Renshaw said...

Two cute cards!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges

Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card! I love that cute snowman. I love that cute penguin. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Lorraine said...

A very sweet snowman, lovely card
Thanks for joining our challenge at As You Like It this time.
Lorraine x

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Stamping Sensations with this entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tink said...

Such a sweet card!Thank you for joining us at Patties Creations Challenge.

Helen said...

Great snowman and I love your sentiment too!

Thanks for joining us at the Colour Crazy Challenge.

Helen x