Thursday, May 14, 2020

Top Hat Teddy Bear

     I somehow got inspired by a color palette at Outlawz Color challenge, which is surprising considering that I rarely use yellows and oranges except for autumn cards.  They just aren't in the range of my favorite colors.  Nope, I'm a cool colors person for sure, loving purples, blues, and greens.  I often pair yellow with one of those colors when I want a particular color combo of cool and warm colors but beyond that, it's rare to see yellow or orange in my creations.

     But today, this just called out to me.  I used a sweet teddy bear image from Bugaboo Stamps and the sketch from Stella Says Sketch.


  

Colored with ProMarkers w/ glitter on flower
Image cut with oval die from QuicKutz
Frame cut with Spellbinders
   & overlapped to get rectangle shape
Sentiment cut with Avery Elle die
Background scrap paper from DCWV
2 layers of ribbon - both scraps
Mulberry flowers dyed, glitter added, & gem in center

     Challenges:
Arty Divas
Cardz TV
Crafty Sentiments
Dragonfly Dreams
Lil Patch of ...
Outlawz SAR
TTCRD

     Have yourself a fabulous day and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

meg said...

love your card and the colours

jimlynn said...

Orange isn't my favorite color either yet I made a card the other day using it. Something different for a change.
I LOVE your cute card - orange and all!!! Sweet image and a great card Connie.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It called and you surrendered and came up with a fabulous card Connie. Love it's sunnyness!
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Linda Simpson said...

The bear is such a cute. Beautiful shades of yellow and wonderful background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lyn said...

Adorable! Love the colors! Thanks for joining the challenge at Catch the Bug!

Lisa Lynn said...

Wonderful birthday card. It's amazing what we can do when we are shoved, lol. Thanks for joining in the Stella Says Sketch Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Monica C. said...

You did a great job on those colors! Sweet card.
Hugs Monica

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your card and the colors look great together- I am the same way, leaning to the cooler colors! Love the way the sketch works with the image and all too! Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug challenge!

Shirley-Anne said...

love the bright colours and that die cut back ground for the topper . Thanks for sharing and joining in the anything goes challenge from https://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
please show us more of your work soon
Shirley-Anne DT