Friday, May 29, 2020

Dad's BBQ

     It feels very odd not to be posting a DT card for QKR Stampede on a Friday morning but this is the week before we start our monthly challenges for the summer so our challenge from last week is still running until Sunday evening.  We will be starting our monthly challenges on the 1st of each month and that's next Monday.  You still have a couple of days to enter something in our previous challenge so check it out.  It's an Anything Goes theme so how can you lose?

     I spent some time the other day going through folders I have of digital images from companies which have closed their doors and stopped selling.  I found this in my folder of images from Karen's Digis.  While I was there, I printed out three or four additional images which I will color and share in upcoming days.  But with this image, I'm making two cards, and both of them are Father's Day cards.

     You see, I have one son and one SIL who are equally adept at the BBQ grill and feeding their families.  Fortunately, they live 1,000 miles apart in different states and they'll never share their cards with each other so they'll never know I used the same image.  The fun part is that this image would work well for any weekend day in either of their homes and even for a birthday.  I wouldn't have to wait for Father's Day.  :-D  The fun part is that I have a son and a grandson who have back to back birthdays in June and this card would definitely work for either of them.

     This is my next foray into the world of water coloring while trying to get decent shading and highlights.  I don't know if there's any real improvement over my last one but I did get some good shadows where they seem to belong.  lol


Colored with water color paints
Cut w/ Sizzix die
Mounted onto red card base
Baker's twine added
Masculine, CAS

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Artsy Stamper
Cardz TV
Colour Crazy
Crafty Catz
Creative Fingers
Outlawz Festive Fri
Paper Girls
Polkadoodles
Simon Says Stamp...

     I'll show you the other one when I get it finished.   In the meantime, I hope your weather is cool and decent.  Ours has been over 100 degrees F (I mean like 102, 103, 106 and they are saying 107 today) for 4 days and we're still three weeks away from summer!  Yuck, why do I live here?

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

meg said...

love digis of men at the bbq, it's the only time my hubby "cooks", yet he believes he's an expert, fabulous colouring and layout

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word Connie, that image is absolutely DARLING!! I love it and you've got it colored up nicely with that red grill and background! It wouldn't be Father's Day around our area without a good BBQ! LOL! P.S. Thanks for the reminder about the QKR Stampede challenge as I was wondering why it wasn't posted yet! I will have to keep that in mind!! Enjoy your weekend!! HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

Such a fabulous card and that image is wonderful. I am sure any dad would love this card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

That's WAY too hot for my taste Connie! Luckily, we're in the 80's or low 90's right now.
Love your fun card and know the guys will love it too. Great design and WHOA on that watercoloring!!! Awesome and yes, the shading is great!!
Lynn

karin said...

So funny this BBQ image. Of course it's one to use several times for a mans Birthday 😊
Karin
Xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVED Karen's digis, I must revisit what I have too, fabulous colouring Connie and a wonderful card.
Take care
Faith x

Janette said...

Fabulous and fun card, so glad you shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Jane said...

Fun card, great image and colouring. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards 6th birthday challenge. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

What a great fun card. I am missing my dad's legendary BBQs in the current climate

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

What man doesn't love a BBQ card?
Thank you so much for playing along at The Paper Girls Challenge.
Looking forward to seeing you again next time.
Love Alex
PinkCraftyMama
Paper Girls Challenge DT

Monica C. said...

That is a lovely digi and you have done well on it with your watercoloring.
Hugs Monica

Nancy said...

Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for play with us at Polkadoodles craft of a challenge blog, Good luck with your entry, we hope to see your back soon.