Thursday, May 28, 2020

Peace and Quiet

     I went on a shopping spree at Lili of the Valley during their half-off sale last weekend.  I've always loved their images since the first time I saw one and if they have a sale, you can bet I'm over there buying new (to me) stamps.

     Today, I'm going to share with you something I bought which is slightly different for me but it sure makes for quick and easy, git 'er done, cards!  These are files which contain three different sizes of digital images (A2, A6,& A7 card sizes), pre-colored and ready to print.  All you need is to trim them to fit the card.

     Here's an A2 card made with the smallest image size.  The image is called Peace and Quiet.  I think it took me less than 10 minutes to have the card finished.


In order to use all the colors from Tuesday Throwdown,
I used dark blue CS for the frame and I chose
the pre-made card base with the flowers.


Pre-colored
Cut with QuicKutz die
Dark blue frame cut with Tutti Designs die
Card base is from DCWV Linen Closet set

     Challenges for 1st card:
Art Impressions
Aud Sentiments
Arty Divas
Crafty Sentiments
Lemon Shortbread
SUYP Cats
Time Out

     Now, having done that really quick card, I decided to play around a bit and see what else I could do with them.  Here's the result using exactly the same size image but this time I adjusted the pre-colored version into gray-scale before I printed it.  This card took me about 15 minutes, including working in MS Word to get the preferred lever of gray-scale before printing.


Yellow ProMarker used to color the bees and pansies
Black, fine line, gel pen used on sentiment
Image cut with Tutti Designs die
Card front embossed w/ "Linen" folder
CAS design w/ no embellishment

     Challenges for 2nd card:
Colour Crazy
Crafty Calendar
Creative Fingers
Outlawz SAR
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Path of Positivity
Pattie's Creations
Polkadoodles
Your Scrapbook Place

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

meg said...

two beauties the grey scale version with the pop of yellow is gorgeous

Donna Ellis said...

I think that image was made for you, NC! So cute, and that precolored image is pretty either printed in color or in that monochrome gray tone! Darling creation! hugs, de

jimlynn said...

They're BOTH so pretty and there's nothing better than a git 'er done card too!!! Love the image - precious!!! I have to admit, I went shopping over there for their sale too - but I must have missed this pretty image. LOVE your cards
Lynn

Lori Podolsky said...

Your cards are darling, Connie! What a really adorable image! Thank you for sharing your lovely cards with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge blog.
Hugs, Lori P (DT for Lemon Shortbread)

sandie said...

oh I must try some pre-coloured images but am not so good with digis! This is a lovely image and so relaxing. It looks great in the 2 different colour bases. Thanks for joining Time Out

*Vicki* said...

I do love LOTV image so much nd this one with the kitty is darling! It's always nice to have the option with images to just print out and use them for a card. Your cards are both very pretty!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW these are two beauties. Love the image and the grey scale one with the pop of yellow is fabulous. I love them both.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are Stunning Connie, a fabulous image shown off with care.
Keep well
Faith x

Renee Matarese said...

These are both so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.

Mia said...

Both cards are beautiful, Connie! And since I am here, I want to thank for entering our challenge at Crafty Calendar with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Crafty Calendar
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

ike said...

Very pretty cards and lovely cat images. Just purr-fect :-)
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges =^..^=
I hope you and all your family are well.
Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Deezy's Handmade Cards said...

Ahw what a awesome cute image and great card! Thank you for playing at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog! Hope you will join us next time again!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

Billie A said...

Your cards are so cute. I am loving the image and the coloring and just a touch of color. Great idea. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments (and Aud Sentiments, Colour Crazy)

Monica C. said...

Love both your cards, Connie! The greyscale one with a pop of color is gorgeous.
Hugs Monica

Quillish said...

Adorable cards! I love the way you played around for your second card, the bees and the Daffodils? (are they Daffodils) colored in yellow, brilliant! Thank you for taking time out and join us at the challenge, hugs ~ Ishani.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

I just love this card! All of your cards are wonderful!