Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Welcome Gnome

     Yes, the title is a deliberate pun and this card is going to new neighbors who just moved into the neighborhood.  They have a cute garden gnome in their yard so I thought this image would work well to welcome them.  Image is from Mo's Digital Pencil.  I did a CAS card with a masculine feel since I have no idea about their tastes or preferences and simple always works.


Sketch from Cheerful Sketches.


     I used:
ProMarkers
QuicKutz dies
Kraft CS
Linen embossing folder (yellow CS) (scrap)
Bleached CS (green) (scrap)

     Challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore
Creative Craft Cottage
Creative Moments
Morgan's ArtWorld
Paper Funday
Your Scrapbook Place

     Update:  My shoulder is healing slowly and is better than it was even a week ago.  Most activities are still being done by using my left hand/arm but I'm able to piece together a CAS card or two as long as I don't overdo it.  Typing is still forbidden, except the occasional, one-handed, left hand, hunt-and-peck, 10 minute foray, and not much gets done in that short span of time.  But the healing process is ongoing and I hope to be back to normal (an odd word to describe me! lol) within the month.  I figure I can give up brushing my hair with my right hand if it means I can have a crafting session for half an hour.  Thanks for your prayers.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

So glad to hear your shoulder is getting better. Keep up the good work on getting it to heal and don't overuse it. Just be sure and keep your "secretary" around for a while longer now. LOL!
Love your gnome card and know the neighbors will too! So cute!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

This is a very cute card and very sweet to welcome your new neighbors! Love the color combo with the gnome which you've colored brilliantly! :) So glad to hear that your shoulder is making improvements! Keep working through the patience!! HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous, I love the gnome and the colours you have used. Take care of yourself and so pleased your shoulder is slowly getting better.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Darling little gnome, Connie, and such fantastic colors! I especially like your horizontal background wonderful card. Hope your shoulder is showing improvement. Hugs, de

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation Connie! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month. Good that your shoulder is healing.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

Monica C. said...

Lovely card, I like simple too. It shows off the image so nicely.
I am glad to read that your shoulder is improving.
Hugs Monica

Furrbster said...

So glad to hear that your shoulder is improving. Just make sure you allow it time to heal and don't rush things! Yeah - hair doesn't need to be brushed - crafting is much more fun anyway :D

This is a great card and thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Judy DT for
http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How did I miss this? It's the perfect card for new neighbours, love the colours of your papers and the simple style. So with both hats on I will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge atMorgan's Artworld Open Challenge this week. We would love to see you again in our next challenge.

Faith Morgans Artworld DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

Morgans Artworld

Margreet said...

Great masculine card with that fab gnome!
Thanks for playing with us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Pat said...

Hahahaha! Love the pun!! Clever girl!! How are you, Nana Connie?!! This card is great! Beautiful coloring!! Thanks so much for joining us for our June Challenge at Mo's! Hugs, Pat Frank