Sunday, June 2, 2019

Simple Birthday

     Quick update on my shoulder problems:  I was feeling better and had less pain in my shoulder (tendon injury) so I did some crafting and, of course, got so enthralled with it that I seriously overdid it.  The next three days were pure agony.  Doctors have now put me on "Do NOTHING" orders for the next 3 weeks and have specifically forbidden any work at the keyboard.  Fortunately, I have family and friends who are willing to type up personal blog posts as I dictate them and to help out with DT blog duties as needed.  Also fortunately, by using markers I can still color while lying down so I'm not completely "craftless."  lol

     I got enough done during my crafting binge that I will have things to post but doctors say if my shoulder doesn't improve during the next 3 weeks, they will put me into some kind of a restrictive brace.  For now, it looks like complete recovery may take as much as 2 months.

     So, if I'm not visiting and commenting on your blog, it's because of the restriction on being at the computer.  I'm not ignoring you - just unable to communicate in blogland for a while.  :-D

     Here's one of the cards I created during the last creative binge.  The image is from Bugaboo Stamps.  (I went a little crazy and colored up three or four Bugaboo images!)


     Colored with ProMarkers, then cut with a rectangle die from QuicKutz using an out-of-the-box technique on three sides.  That was mounted onto a golden yellow card base.  I added pale yellow ribbon and one of my signature, hand-sewn bows which had been dyed blue with a ProMarker.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Cardz TV
Catch the Bug
Colour Crazy
Crafty Catz
Creative Fingers
Cut It Up
Outlawz Festive Fri.
Paperbabe Stamps
Pattie's Creations

      That's all I have for today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hello Connie, how are you doing? I hope your shoulder is healing well. This is just so cute and loving the images.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Oh Connie, I wish there was some way I could be there and help you out. I'm so sorry about your shoulder but please do what the doctor says now and just REST!!!!!
Love your cute and pretty card too. Great design!
Lynn

Monica C. said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your shoulder. I understand that binges - we get so excited when we can finally sit at our craft table again. Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs Monica

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder injury and its effect on your crafting life. Hope it heals completely soon.

This birthday card is so bright and cheery! Thanks for sharing it with us for our Cut it Up for our Birthday challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your bright card, lovely images.
As for your shoulder REST is important for you. OK nagging over! I hope you find relief soon. Big hugs
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

So sorry about your should pain...it's really not fun to have pain get in the way of your normal living or something you enjoy doing! Glad that family has offered to help with your typing, but I totally get pain problems and how it can interfere with your life! You card is very cute! The yellow background really pops them out!! Wishing you well friend! HUGS

Pattie G said...

This is so cute! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Birthdays” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
Pattie
Artist and Owner

Lori Kobular said...

Sorry to hear about your set back! Take it easy and rest so that you can get back to crafting real soon! Your card is adorable!

Jane said...

That's such a pretty card, love the strip of three and how the images spill out over the edge. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards 5th Birthday Bash, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Hope your shoulder will soon be much better, must be so frustrating for you.

NickScrapShack said...

Great card! I love the design and those cute squares.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Catch the Bug.

Helen x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely creation Nana Connie Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug for our challenge. Good luck. Hope to see you again soon.