Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Fa la la la la...

     Day 7 at Beccy's Place 30 Days of Christmas cards and the prompt this time is the letter "F."  As you can see from the title on this post, I'm singing Christmas carols, starting with Fa la la la la, la la la la!  lol  The Festive stocking, Filled with gorgeous baubles was turned into a Fancy Fold, Dutch Door card.

     Edited to add:  Some of you have commented that you'd like to try the Dutch Fold so here's a link to the tutorial Beccy gave us.  https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/2014/05/tutorial-dutch-fold-card.html


     That stocking is Fussy cut (by hand, with scissors) and put onto the card front with dimensional dots.  I used small scraps of red dp to decorate the Dutch Door Flaps but left everything else in kraft.  Red and kraft happens to be one of my favorite, Christmas, color combos.

     I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, matted it with red CS, then added it and a hand-tied, plaid bow.  I liked the rather CAS look of it at that point so I left it alone.

     Challenges:
Cardz TV
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Creations
Creative Fingers
Double Trouble (all 3)
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
Jo's Scrap Shack
Try Stampin' on Tues  (bottom row)
Word Art Weds.

     That's it for today.  Thanks for being so patient with me while I fight the last of these flu symptoms.  Hoping to be back to normal in a day or two.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

What a cure and festive design Connie! Love your dutch door flaps for a unique design! The red and kraft is one of my faves to use for Christmas! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Donna Scholz said...

What a festive card, Connie! I've never tried the "Dutch Door" fold before, so will have to tackle it on one of my holiday cards. Thanks for the inspiration! Thank you also for participating in our Tic-Tac-Tuesday challenge. Your red plaid stocking meets all the challenge requirements in a single card element - that might be a first! If you haven't already, please enter your card in the "Double Trouble" challenge. You've met all the requirements including the ornaments for their "Twisted Sister" challenge! -Donna

Beccy said...

You're too funny NC! Falalalalalalalala definitely meets the requirements for the "F" challenge... and it gave me a chuckle as well. Your Dutch door card looks wonderful, I particularly like the mix of red and kraft, they always work well together. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Ellibelle said...

What a cute card, love the design! So nice to see you joining in this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about seasonal holidays/Christmas! Hope you join in again soon!
xEllie

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Hi again NanaConnie. Me too, I like kraft and red, so pretty together. Love the CAS look and stocking filled with ornaments. My dad would say I can't carry a tune in a basket, but I think I'm going to join you in Fa la la la la la la la la anyway. Had to count my la's to make sure I was in tune. Again, thank you so much sharing your adorable creations with us at Double Dare and Try Stamping on Tuesday.

jimlynn said...

So unique and pretty. Great fussy cutting and I love the colors you used for this!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous! I love this card design, will have to try this for myself if you don't mind.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

papercraftingprincess said...

you may be singing fa la la, but I'm praising your card with o' la la! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble with such a beautifully colored hanging stocking!

Krafty Kaylin said...

great fun fold card. love the stocking so cute. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

Heather said...

Very cool fold - and love that pretty stocking! That's the way to ring in the holidays! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

F is for Fabulous. Love the image and your fussy cutting. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JFF

Lori Kobular said...

Wonderful and festive Christmas card! Your stocking with the bells is as cute as could be! No one could get away with any early peeking with those bells!