Sunday, November 11, 2018

Early Bird

     Today the theme at Beccy's Place, where I'm playing in the 30 Days of Holiday cards, is a BINGO board.  I've used the 3rd column:  Ice & Snow/ Ovals/ Kraft CS. 

     The little 'cardinal' (maybe he's an owl, but since I colored him red for Christmas, he's now a cardinal!) is one of Beccy's images and I did a take off on one of the sentiments that comes with this bird set.


     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut the image with an oval die from QuicKutz.  The sentiment, "I woke up early but all the worms were under the snow!" was also cut with an oval die from QuicKutz.  I used kraft CS for my card base.

     I wrapped baker's twine around the card front and tied it in a square knot.  I used a few of the dots which dropped out of the image die cut to symbolize snow falling from the sky.  The "Merry Christmas" is a negative piece from an Elizabeth Craft Designs die.  I've used that one a lot this holiday season and you'll see it a couple of more times this week on upcoming cards.  It just seems foolish to let those negatives go into the trash bin when they are so usable!  :-D

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Creations
Crafty Hazelnut's
Dragonfly Dreams
Incy Wincy
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
That's Crafty!

     That's it for today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Suzanne H said...

You are so clever to use the negatives from the die. I have that set of birds too and he does look like a cardinal all colored in red. A very clever card.

Beccy said...

He definitely looks like a cardinal to me NC, the bright red feathers give him away. I LOVE the way you've changed the sentiment to match your theme, very clever idea and a great way to extend your stamps.
Cheers,
Beccy

Linda Simpson said...

This is super cute and love the sentiment, poor little bird not getting the worms.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

That birdie has such sweet eyes on him! Really sweet card and what a darling idea to make him a Cardinal for Christmas! We have them during the winter here and they really stand out on that white snow! :) HUGS

Mel Gee said...

Great Christmas card.
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Lemon Shortbread http://lemonshortbreadchallenge.blogspot.com/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

flossbite said...

Great card!Love how you've used the negative die cut! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge.