Friday, May 25, 2018

Painting the Town Red

     When I was a child, my mother's favorite expression for going wild and doing crazy, perhaps even slightly naughty things, was "...and they painted the town red!"  I loved the expression and thought it was delightfully descriptive.  When I saw this sweet image in the QKR Stampede store ("Paint Puppy"), I knew right away I was going to use it for my DT card for this week's challenge at QKR Stampede.


      The image is colored with ProMarkers and cut with a die from Cottage Cutz.  The background is kraft CS cut with a die from Gina  Marie Designs.  The two "painted" bits of dp are scraps which were in my basket and they just seemed to work perfectly.

     The sentiment was printed, hand cut, and inked, then I added one of my signature, hand-sewn bows.  Everything was layered onto a shiny, red, card base.

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft Extra
A Perfect Time to Craft
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafter's Cafe
Creative Craft Cottage
Cut It Up
Let's Craft and Create
Morgan's Art World
Not Just Cards
Polkadoodles

     Have yourself a wonderful weekend and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

I remember my parents saying that exact same thing. Your card brings back a lot of memories. CUTE card too and love all that red.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

My parents also said the exact same thing too! I love this card and the image is so darn cute! Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Hello my friend! Really ADORE this sweet lil pup and your card is beautiful too!! I hope that you are doing well and I really mised you! Just wanted to let you know that I'm still around and I have a blog started up...I also just entered the QKR challenge too! :) Sending HUGS

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh this is just super gorgeous. I love that image. Nice work. I love your beautiful blog banner too. That looks fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

 

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is absolutely fab!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love old sayings! Such a nice connection to the past.

Adorable pooch! on paper, anyway. I'd be really upset if that actually happened! :)

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Cats or Dogs challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my goodness, that dog looks like he has been drinking instead of painting! Fun card!

cass said...

Fun card. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "All creatures Great and Small" challenge.

ScrappyHorses said...

How fun is this little guy! Loving the colors and that die is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Unknown said...

Great fun card. Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge week 21. Helen DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm here with both my hats on Connie, I LOVE this image and the frame and colour you have used behind it. A Fabulous card. Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Morgans Artworld this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith Morgans Artworld DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

Morgans Artworld
morgansartworld.blogspot.co.uk

Judy V said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage!

Arlene said...

The expression on the dog and the sentiment are so much fun. I remember the saying too. Fantastic. So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld..