Monday, May 21, 2018

Dahlia Dreams

   
     The flowers are beginning to bloom in my garden and my first dahlias buds have showed their faces.   Soon we'll have lovely large blossoms to put in bouquets.  I love dahlias and I'm celebrating their arrival with this card.

     The image is from Ching-Chou Kuik.


I based my card design on the sketch at Stella Says Sketch.


     The image is colored with ProMarkers and die cut with an oval die from Cheapo Dies.  The green mat is also cut with a die from that same set.  I added a bit of green dp which was in my scrap basket. 

     The card front was dry embossed, although that's hard to see in the photo.  I layered on the green CS mat, then ran ribbon along the vertical line where the dp and dry embossing met.  On top of that, I layered on the image piece.

     I printed, hand cut, and matted the sentiment before adding it.  For embellishment, I found metal brads and heated them with my heat gun before dipping the heads into dark green embossing powder.  The powder melts onto the hot brad heads and that way, you can use brads which are whatever color you need.  They end up looking like shiny pearls.

     My final touch was to 'dye' one of my white bows with green ProMarker, leaving the pearl white, and adding the bow to the lower portion of the image.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Digi Choosday
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Passion for ProMarkers
TTCRD
Try Stampin' on Tuesday (bottom row)
Unicorn

     Have a wonderful week and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! Love the way you placed the ribbon between the two die cuts.

jimlynn said...

I'd never heard of doing that with the brads and embossing powder! I'm going to try it for sure though. I have tons of brads!!!
Love this pretty card and all that green. You're going to need to take a picture of your flowers when they bloom.
Lynn

Cicci said...

Hi Nanaconnie
So Wonderful card!! Love that yoy told us how you did!!! Fantastic make!!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to visit and follow my blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com


Doreen said...

Love the fab image and great details.xxx

Crafty KJ said...

A gorgeous card and a great tip for using those brads that we all have! Will definitely try this next time! A lovely design with a lot of detail. Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs, Karen xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the beautiful image! Love the colour too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Heather said...

Pretty dies - and I love this collection of greens! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Beautiful card Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge
GDT Maria

The Crafty Den said...

Such a beautiful card Connie. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Gorgeous colour scheme and love the layout. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Linda Mc Enery said...

Wow! Not only is your card beautiful, but I love your crafty change to the brads and ribbon! I've altered a ribbon with my markers before, but never brads. Super!! Beautiful die cut ovals and your colouring is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Passion for Promarkers!
Linda

Eve's Been Reading said...

Very pretty. Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Digi Choosday Challenge, good luck! Yvonne (DT)

Donna Scholz said...

Pretty card, Connie! You met the Tic-Tac-Tuesday challenge in a unique way! Your card is VERY eye-catching! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Try Stmapin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Lisa J said...

This is a lovely card. We would love for you to enter it into our Ribbons and Pearls challenge at DDS. Lisa DT http://digidoodlestudioschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card,thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenge this month!
Have a nice day
Anneke DT

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is beautiful. The Dahlias are gorgeous, so enjoy your garden. Thanks for joining the Stella Says Sketch Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

NanaConnie, what a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month of “Pearls/gems”. The colours work so well together and I love the die you have used to cut the image out and the mount below. Even more FANTASTIC is that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps.

Thank you for entering, best wishes in the draw and for your support of this challenge. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader).