Monday, May 14, 2018

Ladybug Summer

     Our weather last week felt more like early summer than spring so I'm beginning to work on summer cards.  I had fun with this Bugaboo Stamps image which is actually 2 different images, merged together.  Fancy Sunbonnet is one of my favorite Bugaboo characters and I use her every chance I get.  I think I have nearly every image which features her.


I started with the sketch from Stella Says Sketch 
but turned sideways to accommodate the shape of my image.


     I colored with ProMarkers and added the two flowers on each side of the image.  They are from the second image, cut in half with a middle flower removed.  After they were adhered, I used a die from Spellbinders to cut the image piece.

     I printed the sentiment, hand-cut it, and added it to the bottom of the image. 

     Making the card base was a bit more complex.  The pink CS part was left over from a die cut I did last week.  It was a large enough scrap to make and A2 size back flap plus enough of the decorative edge to fold over and adhere to a front flap.  I used a scrap of navy blue CS which is smaller than an A2 size but worked as a short front flap to which I could attach the image piece.

     I added tiny, dark blue, Nuvo Crystal Drops along the decorative edge and called it finished.

     I'm sending this one to a dear friend who still lives in my old hometown and I know she'll love it.  She was always the one searching my annual garden for the first ladybugs of summer.  :-D

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Angie's Digital Stamps
Catch the Bug
Create and Makes
Get Creative 
Incy Wincy
Lemon Shortbread
Paper Girls
TTCRD

     Thanks for stopping by.  This is all I have for today but I'll be back with another post tomorrow.  Hope to see you then.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love this sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xx

jimlynn said...

Precious card and I love that darling image. Reminds me of Sunbonnet Sue! I'll be needing her bonnet this week as we're suppose to hit the big 100 mark. Ugh.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a pretty image, love that left over die frame, such a lovely card.
Faith
x

Maria Giselle B. said...

Very cute image. Nice illusion of having a continuous scene there. If you did not mention it, I would have not noticed that the end flowers are not part of the original image. Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs With Things That Fly Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle B.

Lori Kobular said...

Don't you just love ladybugs?? I know I sure do and they are so good for the garden! Your card is absolutely adorable!

Billie A said...

So cute. I love ladybugs and the cute little sunbonnet girl. Thanks for sharing over at Catch the bug.

Billie A
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Stephanie said...

Cute cute card, thanks for playing along in our sketch challenge at Catch The Bug.

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks so very much for joining our May theme challenge at Catch the bug! Your project fits the theme perfect and it is adorable!