Saturday, November 18, 2017

Q for Quilted

     There are certain letters of the alphabet which are nearly impossible to use as themes in crafting and card making, and "Q" is one of them.  "X" is another and I'm not looking forward to that one!  But I've managed one more card in the Month of Holidays at Beccy's Place and I thank my years of Quilting for the inspiration.  Beccy has a whole zoo of Quilted animals and I'm using the deer (reindeer?) for today's Quilted card.


     All of the Quilting is done by paper piecing with 4 different Christmas papers and beige or tan ProMakers to fill in the areas I didn't paper piece.  I used both gold and silver paint pens to color the jingle bell collar and bells.  After that was done, I fussy cut the reindeer.

     I die cut the light background piece (Spellbinders) and mounted the deer onto it with dimensional tape.  I added that whole piece onto the forest green card base, then added ribbon and 3D embellies.

     Challenges:
Beccy's Place
Ching-Chou Kuik
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Hazelnut's
Daisy Chain
Do Al(l) Kreatives
Get Creative
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Tinker Dream
TTCRD

     That's it for today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Suzanne H said...

Oh my! I tried to do this technique with the same reindeer and it came out terrible. Yours is so beautiful. I think I was trying to use too many colors. Great card!

Beccy said...

I LOVE what you've done with this little deer NC, it's gorgeous! The patterns and colours work beautifully together, I particularly like the holly on the white background. Great idea to "quilt" an image... I'm sure a few other people will be inspired by your idea. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous and your interpretation of the alphabet on your Christmas creations are amazing!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Wow! This is awesome! I love the quilting and the colors. Fabulous design. Great job Connie. Thank you so much for taking the time to create your gorgeous entry for our Ching-Chou Kuik monthly challenge. I hope you will enter again and also check out our Ching-Chou Kuik Facebook challenges as well. Have a fabulous day! Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Alex said...

Hihi, do not know what is cuter - your quilted reindeer or your blog header. Both is really wonderful.


Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#11 – Pre Christmas Session }
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#11 – Zooanimals}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#43 –Christmas is coming}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Lori Kobular said...

I love that quilted deer! I have made a quilt or two so I always love to see quilted designs on cards! I am going to check out the other quilted animals!

Claudia said...

Hi Nana, what a cute idea and so perfectly made. Love the "rolling" reindeer!

Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
GD bastel-traum challenge

Marie Bingaman said...

So cute! I love all that paper piecing you did to the deer...something I wish I was better at! Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT

Go Sweden 2019 said...

This is so cute. Lovely card.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Crafty-littleangel {Welcome to visit My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Doris Klein said...

Pretty done!

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#11 – The first Christmas preparations)
*DT* Die Sketchtanten
*DT* Die Traumfabrik
*GDT* ITD’s Creative Playground

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a fun and beautiful quilted reindeer card you have made. It fits our challenge this month well of “Christmas/Winter”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader).

karto_flana said...

Wow, this is something fresh and new, thamk You for joining us on Do Al(l) Kreatives challenge DT Ella