Sunday, November 19, 2017

Christmas Morning

     My latest card for Beccy's Place, using the letter "R," is all about Santa sleeping in on Christmas morning.  While the rest of us are scrambling out of bed at daybreak to see what he stuffed in the stockings the night before, Santa is doing his best to get a few winks of sleep after his marathon tour of the world on Christmas Eve.  What he doesn't need is a Raucus Rooster Rarin' to crow, even if that Rooster is out in the toy barn.  lol


I started with the sketch from Sketch Saturday
but I turned it a 1/4 turn and used a circle instead of an oval.


     I used my ProMarkers to color this image, another of Beccy's quilted critters, all in Ruby Red and Rain forest green.  I die cut it with a stitched circle die from Die-namites.   I found two scraps of Christmas dp, cut them with the same circle die, and framed the Rooster with them.

     The sentiment is computer generated and hand cut, then added to the card front below the image.  The two little embellies, a Christmas tree and a Christmas stocking, are mounted on Raised foam dots.  I hand tied a Ribbon bow and added it to the top corner.

     Challenges:
Beccy's Place
Christmas Cards
Crafty Friends
Di's Digi Designs
Hiding in my Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Pile It On
Ribbon Girl

    Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Connie, I find your little rooster so cute done in Christmas colors! NEVER would have thought of that. You've taught me a lot about being imaginative with color choices and sentiments. This card is beautiful in every way! hugs, de

Suzanne H said...

What a terrific take on the letter R. You are very imaginative.

Lori Kobular said...

That rooster is absolutely adorable! I love the way you colored him all Christmasy! Beautiful and fun Christmas card! I bet Santa isn't too happy about all the noise he is making!

Angie said...

Wonderful make. Thanks for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge.
Angie DT

Beccy said...

Your raucous rooster is really rad NC, great job! I love the fabulous red tail and comb you gave him, the pop of colour looks great. The sentiment is very appropriate too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie, I love the Rooster in his glorious colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Love the rooster in his Christmas colours :)
Hugs Kaz x

Denise Goeldner said...

Awesome card, love the patchwork rooster, great colours too. Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
Cheers Denise
Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Sherry said...

Love the rooster fabulous Card,thanxx for playing at lil patch of crafty friends ..
sherry lynn
Dt

Ela said...

Nice rooster in those colours Connie. Thanks for playing along at the Crafty Friends Challenge. Creative hugs Ela

Heather said...

Very fun and cute! Great papers and a fun take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs and Jo's Scrap Shack.

Brenda said...

I love this colorful little creature. Love the way you've used him in the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday last week!