Monday, November 6, 2017

Reindeer Christmas

     It's late in the day for me to be posting but Beccy (Beccy's Place 30 days of Holiday) tossed us a curve today and slipped in one of the non-alphabet themes so my planned post for the letter "G" will wait until tomorrow and I'll share this one for the BINGO theme instead.  The image is from her Dasher and Dancer set, but I don't know which one this is.  :-D


I was inspired by the sketch at Stella Says Sketch.


     I used the middle, vertical column on the BINGO board: Emboss, Add Ribbon, & Pencil or Markers.

     I colored the reindeer with my ProMarkers, added a bit of red glitter to his jingle bell collar, and die cut him with a stitched, Lawn Fawn, square die.  The sentiment came from the same set and I printed it and then fussy cut it.

     The embossed background was done with a folder by Sizzix.  I added two strips of ribbon (one kraft, one red) and one of the tiny bows I make by the dozens and then toss in my stash for future use.  It was white but I used my ProMarkers to 'dye' it red.

     Challenges:
Beccy's Place
Catch the Bug
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Extra
Cute Card Thurs.
Get Creative
Merry Monday
Morgan's Artworld
Take It, Make It

     Have to get this posted right away.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Beccy said...

I'm sorry for the curve ball NC, but you sure did rise to the challenge! Your card looks wonderful with the embossed background and pretty ribbon bow. I like the two lengths of grosgrain you used, brown and red is a fabulous colour combo. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. There are a few more curve balls coming your way before the end of the month!

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous and came up trumps with this following the curve you were thrown today. Love this cute reindeer and snowflake embossed background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Oh my this is super cute and the sentiment is perfect. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at Merry Monday.

jimlynn said...

Love the expression on that darling little deer! Fabulous card Connie!
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

Fun card, I just love that deer!! Great Christmas card!

Marjeta said...

Adorable image and fun sentiment. Love it.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! so sweet, love the image, the sentiment and the embossing a Great card.
Faith
x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

What a gorgeous sweet image and lovely design. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a sweet card! Love your coloured bow!!! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for November!
Monica - DT

Pippa said...

Great card with a lot of texture going on. Thank you for sharing at Catch the Bug. Pippa DT

Colleen said...

critters are always taken by surprise when their owners place reindeer antlers on their head, his expression is priceless (I say this because my daughter did that to her dog and it is such a funny picture!) Awesome design for the color challenge! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Merry Monday!

Margreet said...

Great take on the sketch with that lovely reindeer!
Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!
xxx Margreet