Saturday, October 21, 2017

Under A Spell

     Once more, I'm sharing a card using one of the Sasayaki Glitter Progressive Challenge images over on their FB page.  I've been really consistent in playing in the FB progressive challenges and don't want to miss any of them.  :-D


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it with a die from Gina Marie.  I printed the sentiment and cut it with a die from Die-namics. 

     While I was trying to decide what I was going to do design-wise, I ran across some scraps of burlap in my stash which I had originally cut for some fall cards last year.  I had scraps in green, beige, red, and dark brown and thought I'd combine the green and brown as background for this card.  Since the green scrap was already a wonky shape, I pulled a few more threads from it to accentuate the 'shabby' look, then did the same with the brown scrap, after which I layered them onto each other on the card front.

     I added the image piece, then some ribbon with spiders and webs, and on top of that, I added the sentiment piece.  A hand-tied bow made from sheer orange ribbon (with a black fringed edging) made a perfect embellishment, standing alone for great dimension and texture.

     Challenges:
Aloha Friday
A Vintage Journey
Colour Crazy
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Catz
Creative Fingers
Pattie's Creations
Polkadoodles
Sasayaki Glitter

     That's what I have for you this morning.  I'm planning a half-day of laundry, house cleaning, and grocery shopping, then I'm diving into the craft room for the rest of the weekend to work on some DT cards for November and December.  Maybe I'll find time for one or two cards to post next week.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER card Connie, love the burlap, and your colouring on this great fun image.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, I hope you have a wonderful crafty weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge Blog for challenge 389 the theme is Anything Goes with the optional theme of Autumn Colours and the sponsor is Bugaboo. Hugs Jackie (GDT)

Janette said...

This is gorgeous Connie, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Lori Kobular said...

Such a fun Halloween card! That frog is so cute! I love the colored piece of burlap on your card and that spooky spider ribbon!

sarascloset said...

What a sweet card, Connie! I love your coloring on that fantastic Halloween image! The burlap and the gorgeous ribbon are great rustic touches! Thank you for playing along at A Vintage Journey! Hugs!

sarascloset said...

PS back to say this would also fit right in with my 'Tis Near Halloween/orange/black/purple challenge at Frilly and Funkie!http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com/2017/10/tis-near-halloween.html

Jacki Daniels said...

Love this!!!! thank you so much for playing along this week at Polkadoodles
Jacki ♥♥ (polkaddoddles DT)