Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Give a Hoot

     Good Morning, all.  I hope your week is going well and if it isn't, just think of today as being halfway to the weekend.  :-D  I'm sharing an owl which is a freebie image for the Progressive Challenge on the FB page over at Limited Runs.


     I just knew he deserved rich, warm, fall colors so I grabbed my ProMarkers and started coloring.  When I finished that, I cut him with a scalloped circle die from Spellbinders and used a die one size larger to make the golden frame.  I layered those together, then added Stickles to his eyes and to the eyebrow feathers and tummy.

     I printed and cut the sentiment, then matted it with a larger die cut (also Spellbinders), echoing the shape of the image.  To add just a bit more sparkle, I cut a strip of orange sparkle CS, trimmed the end into a point and added it to the sentiment piece.

     Everything was layered onto a dark brown card base.  I thought it needed one last touch so I dug through my ribbon stash and found that lovely gold ribbon, tied it into a bow, and adhered it above the image.

     Challenges:
Crafty Addicts
Creative Inspirations
Digi Choosday
DL.ART
Passion for ProMarkers
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE what you have done with him Connie, isn't he a "hoot"?
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

A fabulous card, love the owl with all his sparkle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Connie, love the sparkly owl and sentiment!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Rene said...

Adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

katieo said...

What a wise looking owl I love the way you added sparkle to his eyes. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Fall Color Challenge

Lori Kobular said...

Your card makes me smile! It reminds me of a time when my 22 year old daughter used to say "I don't give a hoot"!! She got lots of owl things that Christmas and she has stopped saying it, but it brought back a fun memory! I love your colorful owl! Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Lori Kobular said...

I am back wearing a different hat! I love your pretty Give A Hoot owl card! The fall colors are perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at DL.ART Challenges!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such a pretty card. Love the details and colors. Thanks for your entry in our Tuesday Throwdown Challenge! Happy Crafting!!!!

Creative world said...

Fantastic image,coloring and design...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see ou again
Željka DT xx

Jacquie said...

I love him.....i love owl's...

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute! Your coloring of the owl is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
SL DT Member

The Crafty Den said...

Super cute card Connie. I love the adorable image and your colouring is perfect. The papers and layout are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Please come back at 9am Tuesday for our brand new challenge. Hugs, Denise x

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous Owl, love your card using him.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Monica.-DT