Friday, September 22, 2017

No More Housework -- I'm On Strike !

     Hey, folks, it's Friday again and that means another challenge is starting at QKR Stampede.  It also means that I'm very late writing up this post but not so late that it won't go live on time.  :-D  As always, our theme is "Anything Goes" and the optional theme, if you want to use it, is "Embossing"  -- wet or dry.

     This QKR image (Parked Broom) always tickles me.  I'm sure it was meant to be used for Halloween but at my house, it's been enlarged, colored, and made into a poster which I can hang on the broom closet door whenever I feel more like crafting than cleaning.  For today, I used it on a card.


     I colored those lovely autumn golds and oranges with ProMarkers, then die cut the image with a stitched rectangle die from Die-namics.  I found a scrap bit of pale orange CS, ran it through a "Lattice" folder by Stampin' Up, and used it offset behind the image.

     The blue background was cut with a die from Altenew (one of my new favorites which I dig out whenever possible!) and I layered that onto a white card base before adding the rest of the pieces.  I managed to collect a short bit of plaid ribbon and tied a bow, then added a bit of black feather and called it finished.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
C.R.A.F.T.
Creative Moments
I {heart} ProMarkers
Inspiration Destination
Kraftin' Kimmie
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Scrapy Land
Southern Girls
Star Stampz

     I hope you're going to come and play with us this week.  Remember, you don't have to use a QKR (or Eureka) image but if you do, then your entry is put into a separate draw just for those and that increases your chances of winning by more than you can imagine.  Either way, come play!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

That background die is wonderful, Connie! No wonder you enjoy it! It surely makes an interesting design to pop out your pretty colors on top! Darling card, and the broom reminds me of Disney's Fantasia with Mickey Mouse! It's a wonderful creation. Trying to get back into the groove of normal, everyday life. The recent events in Florida caused circumstances which triggered exacerbations of my diseases. Thanks for understanding my inability to accomplish very much - maybe in October? love and hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Connie, love the image and wonderful textures.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! just wonderful, and to have it as a poster - Fabulous, love the broom and the embossing and the background die is pretty special too.
Faith
x

Lori Kobular said...

Ha ha!! I need that to hang up in my kitchen!! So much fun and I love that broom!!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful broom image Connie and the Lattice die is always a winner and I do not use mine near enough. The sentiment is perfect!.
hugs
Glenda

Loose Stitches said...

Wonderful card Connie, love the image, background and that sentiment! Thank you for sharing with us over at Star Stampz! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Star Stampz
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Grietje said...

Beautiful card hahaha I sometimes also get the feeling that I should go on strike. Great idea! Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Moments.

xx Grietje DT

Furrbster said...

Oh this is absolutely fantastic - love the colouring!!

Thanks so much for playing along at the challneges over at Creative Moments, Aud Sentiments and I Love Promarkers too!!

Hugz Tinz

Aunty Sue said...

Oh can I join you on strike but then who would do it great card and thanks for sharing with us at Craft this week

Trimgym said...

Lovely creation, thank you for joining our challenge at CRAFT Challenge this week. Please also have a look at our DT call and consider applying for the position of DT member, we are a friendly bunch.
Jo

Scrappydo said...

Love the sentiment.... I feel the need to go on strike to get some crafting done!! Thanks for joining in our Southern Girls challenge. Kelly

Billie A said...

Ha.. cute on strike. Cute great card and love the image and layout. Fun.. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Paper Play Sketches
The Merry Christmas Challenge
sunny day crafting
pause dream enjoy
craftaholic R US

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at I love Promarkers this fortnight.

Lisa said...

This is adorable!! I love the image and the design!! I love the design!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts