Thursday, September 21, 2017

Christmas Cards for Relay for Life

     A couple of weekends ago I told you about how I had committed to participating in a craft show to support Relay for Life and that I was making cards to sell (proceeds go to RfL) and putting together simple kits to do Make It and Take It with kids.  Today I want to share with you a couple of the cards I've finished and cards which are samples for some of the kits.  Settle in because it's a long post with several photos.

     This first card has a lovely vintage church scene (a friend stamped up a dozen of these onto CS and gave them to me to use either for sale or for Make It, Take It kits.)  This has to be one of my favorite Christmas stamps and I'm trying to buy it from her!


     I colored it with ProMarkers, then fussy cut it to preserve the places where the leaves and berries are outside the box.  I matted it with a stitched rectangle die cut (Memory Box.)  I added lace from my stash and backed it with green CS before layering it onto the background dp (Recollections.)  I added a red, bow-tie bow and called it finished.  If I use this vintage image for kits, I'll let the kids use it in black and white or they can choose to color it with pencils I'll have available for them.

     Challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie
Mod Squad
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Work It Wednesday

     This second card is done with a pre-colored image which I found on a clip art site.  I just did a Google search for "Christmas Images" and chose this one from the first freebie clip art page I found.  Very fast and simple because the coloring was already done.  Again, it could be used for kits for kids because of the simplicity.


     I cut the image, matted it twice with white and blue, then mounted it onto silver wrapping paper which became the card front.  I added a strip of silver ribbon which I cut at one end into a dovetail.  I added the silver bow (one of those I make by the dozens and toss into my stash for future use) and the printed sentiment.  This one took me about 15 minutes to complete.

     Challenges:
Crafting with an Attitude
Creative Inspirations
Paper Shelter
Winter Wonderland

     Finally, here's one for which I've already started making the kits and I have it in two, very similar versions.



     Again, pre-colored clip art with inked edges and backed with simple rectangles of red and blue, and strips of jute cord or baker's twine.  Both of the sentiments are by QKR Stampede.   These kits are pretty simple to put together and really cost effective for doing give-away activities for kids attending the craft fair.  I plan to make lots of spare kits in case there are parents or grandparents who want to take some home for kid activities during the school break over the holidays.  These can be easily put together with the kit contents and a glue stick.  :-D

     Challenges:
ABC Christmas
Outlawz Festive Friday

     That does it for today.  Thanks for sticking around to see all of the cards and have a wonderful day.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Connie, I hope you have a fabulous time and that you raise lots of money for the charity.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Macimbalo said...

Pretty card with a lovely scene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Rene said...

Fantastic cards! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous cards and such a wonderful idea for the kits for the children.
Faith
x

BożenA said...

Great design I love this sweet card.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us on CWAA.
BożenA DT CWAA

Glenda Atkins said...

They are all beautiful!!
hugs
Glenda

Hazel said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 347, Hazel, DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too x

Cards By MI said...

A lovely looking card with lovely image and christmas feeling to it. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Cards By MI said...

Lovely collection of cards. Lovely work! Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Anonymous said...

Lovely selection of cards, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)