Monday, September 25, 2017

Christmas Owls

     My daughter adores owls and has collected them in many forms for several years now.  I tend to think of them as creatures for fall but when I got this image (kindly stamped for me by a friend), I knew it would be perfect for her Christmas card this year.


     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it with my Fiskars paper cutter and inked the edges.  I chose papers from my favorite Christmas pad, "Father Christmas" by Bo Bunny.  It has such perfect shades of red and green, along with the light distressing which make delightful Christmas cards.

     I added three wraps of very narrow, green, satin ribbon before layering on the image piece.  I cut two strips of stripped paper, glittered and embossed, and put those along the top and bottom.  The sentiment is from a kit I purchased a few years back, and the little wreath had been in my stash since last year.

     For a tiny bit more sparkle, I added the diamond-shaped "gems" and at that point, it was finished.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
As You Like It
Christmas with the Cuties
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Morgan's Art World
Outlawz Festive Friday
Pammie's Inky Pinkies

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An absolutely wonderful card, love the images and the wreath, great papers too, love it.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful Connie, love these owls with their hats and scarves. Beautiful papers too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa xx said...

Such a sweet card, the owls fit our theme perfectly!

Thank you for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 352 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too x

Angie said...

Very nice.
Thanks for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge.
Angie - DT

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love those Owls!

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card perfect for this weeks challenge.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Things with Wings' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Brenda said...

Such a wonderful card, so much detail. I love owls too, this is perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us a As You Like It Challenge!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Terri Winske said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! Love the colors and your background paper! So glad you joined us this week at PIP Challenges!

Laura Volpes said...

Thank you for sharing this great card in the Funday Friday Challenge! Have a great day,
Laura

Arlene said...

Such cute owls. Wonderful colored feathered owls. So glad you joined us at Morgan's ArtWorld.

Squirrel x said...

Lovely choice of papers for a great make. Thanks for sharing it with us at AYLI. Hugs xx