Sunday, September 24, 2017

Cats in the Pumpkin Patch

     I'm doing a really quick post this morning because I want to share a Halloween card I made yesterday but I have made a commitment to get birthday party invitations done for my grandson's birthday and my daughter will be here in a couple of hours to pick them up.  Yikes!


     It's time for some of those luscious yellows and oranges that are my favorite fall colors.  This is one of those images I printed or stamped who knows how many years ago and it was in my folder of "Color These Someday."  Unfortunately, I made no notation of any kind about where I got it but it must have been a borrowed stamp because I don't recall ever having one like it.

I used colors from House that Stamps Built.

s2017

     I colored with ProMarkers and cut it into a tall and skinny rectangle with a Spellbinders die, then inked the edges.  That die was shorter than I wanted for this image so I cut halfway along the image, then shifted the die and cut halfway again from the opposite end, getting the exact length I wanted.  It's amazing how you can increase the options you have just by adjusting how you have the dies laid onto the papers.

     The golden plaid dp was cut with that same Spellbinders die (actual size this time) from a scrap I found in my collection of fall-colors paper and the dark orange is a scrap of CS from the same box.  I had left over, orange, polka dot, ribbon so I cut a short bit and added it to the top of the CS.  I used a bow that was white, dyed it with my ProMarkers, and used it at the cut end of the ribbon.

     I added three tiny metal brads and it was done.

     Challenges:
C.R.A.F.T.
Creative Inspirations
Creative Moments
I {heart} ProMarkers
Inky Chicks
Inspiration Destination
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Scrappy Land
Star Stampz

    Have yourself a fabulous Sunday.  When I come back, maybe I'll share with you what we did for the birthday party invitations.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and just adore this image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Marjeta said...

Love this card. Cats are so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moment.

Marjeta

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card and fun image!
Thank so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Heather said...

Cute!! Gotta love a card made with lots of scraps and snippets! Love the bit of dotted ribbon and how genius are you to use your marker to color the bow?! I never think to do that! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What an absolute Delight, Love this, GREAT image, love what you have done.
Faith
x

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun image! The cat sure is enjoying the pumpkins!!

Trimgym said...

Lovely creation, thank you for joining our challenge at CRAFT Challenge this week. Please also have a look at our DT call and consider applying for the position of DT member, we are a friendly bunch.
Jo