Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Fairy's Dragonfly

     Wouldn't it be great to be a fairy with your own personal dragonfly to bring you a rose and say something warm and encouraging that you could carry in your heart all day?  I did this card for a friend of mine who's having some rough moments - just so they'll know I'm thinking of them.


     This darling image is from Sheepski Designs and I colored it with my polychromos pencils.  I added glitter to the wings of both the fairy and the dragonfly.  It's a bit hard to see but the black frame is cut with an Inside/Outside Stitched Rectangle die from Die-namics.

      The satin ribbon is from my stash, as are the purple and the turquoise CS scraps.  I found that bit of dp in one of my stacks of 'cut-once-leftovers' but it was large enough to use as background here.

     Challenges:
ArtbyMiRan
Color Crazy Craft
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Boots
Crafty Cardmakers
Craft Your Passion
Inky Chicks
Melonheadz Friends
Outlawz PAM
Pencil Case
Stamping Boutique

     I'm enjoying my polychromos pencils more each time I use them.  I can already see that I want to add more colors but I have to find a store that carries individual colors instead of just sets.  They are expensive and then you add shipping on top of the initial price, buying in sets just isn't the most cost effective way of adding to or replacing colors.  If any of you know of such a place, please let me know.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

9 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Really sweet card - your colouring looks amazing and the backing paper is lovely. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots All Squared Up Challenge.

Dionne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card which your friend will treasure I'm sure, such a lovely thought. Love the papers and your colouring is just beautiful.
Faith
x

Jane Savage said...

What a beautiful, ethereal image and your delicate colouring compliments it perfectly!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful!

Veronique said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely card, beautiful coloring, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the colors and design. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very pretty card, love the images. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

NickScrapShack said...

Great card! Love her sparkly wings and the way you used the pretty ribbon.
Thank your for playing along with us at Artbymiran. Good luck! Nick