Monday, June 13, 2016

Sunshine Suzy

     This darling little gal is the image for the Progressive Challenge on the ArtbyMiRan FB page.  She's definitely summery in her bright, sizzling colors.  :-D


I started with the sketch from The Outlawz,
flipped top to bottom..


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and Copics, then cut her with my newest Sue Wilson die.  All the die cuts on this card are done with dies from that same Sue Wilson set.  The sentiment is printed and hand cut.  I added the row of pearls and then chose two bronze pearls plus the bow for additional embellishment.

     Challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards
Inky Impressions
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Sisterhood of Crafters
Southern Girls
Through the Purple Haze
WordArt Wedsnesday
Work It Wednesday

     OK, you got two-for-the-price-of-one to day -- two posts on the same day!   I'm going to be away this week but I have plenty of posts pre-scheduled so I hope you'll come and visit.  If I'm slow getting around to visiting your blog, forgive me.  I will get there, I promise.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie


Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

I love the gorgeous image and beautiful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Debi said...

Thought I'd stop by to say 'Hi!' as I seem to be following you around blog land posting my Mojo card. This little darling is so sweet and summery. Your coloring is fabulous. And you know how I feel about die cuts- love 'em all! Hugs, Debi

*Vicki* said...

So happy, colorful and fun design here today Connie! Love your take on the sketch! HUGS

jimlynn said...

She looks like a bright and happy summer day! Beautiful coloring and a great take on the sketch too.
Hope you're having a FUN week and staying cool!
Lynn

Migdalia said...

I love the pretty & summery colors!!
Beautiful! Saw it over at SAS4KIDS.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Donna Ellis said...

oooh! Sunshine is right! She is bright and cheerful, Connie (just like you!). Lovely shading in her dress (her outfit sort of reminds me of the tent dresses of the 60s! hugs, de

Dawn said...

Such a fun sunshiney card, just what I need to cheer up a miserable cold & rainy morning! It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Diane said...

Beautifully created and colored...and adorable card! thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!!
Diane TSH DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love that die cut frame. Beautiful coloring and interpretation of the sketch. hugs, teresa

Darlene said...

Oh Connie you've colored this sweet image perfectly! The yellow is such a happy sunshine color ... BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘SUMMER TIME FUN’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love love love the cheery effect of the card and the GREAT sentiment.
Have to disagree about the colour (on my comments) love the yellows, it is a happy colour to make a happy card :)
Faith
x

alethea said...

What a beautiful card.. Love the image. Thanks for joining us at SGC. HUgsxx