Sunday, June 19, 2016

Flower Framed

    Here's today's release coming from MHK Designs this month and I had so much fun making this card!  Of course, it didn't hurt that I did it entirely in purples, my favorite color.  :-D  The set is called "I've Been Framed" and you can see a photo of the entire set at the bottom of this post.


     My process for getting this image printed was a bit different than my usual "select and print."  First, I chose a dp from the MHK Designs "French Country" set (photo also at the bottom of this post) and printed it the size I wanted.  There are some gorgeous papers in that set and I chose the "Fern" in lavender.

     After printing the paper, I put it back into my printer and then printed the flower frame right onto the dp, adjusting the placement and size to fit the pre-printed dp sheet.  I used ProMarkers to color most of the flowers on the frame, choosing to leave a few uncolored so that they are white.

     I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to dry emboss the purple CS onto which I centered the image piece.  I also die cut a small scalloped oval piece (Spellbinders) and embossed it with the same folder.  Next, I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and mounted it onto the embossed oval, then put that in the middle of the frame.

     Finally, I added the roses and the ribbons, and tied a triple-loop bow.

     Challenges:
2 Creative Chicks
ABC Challenge
A Bit More Time to Craft
Card and Scrap
Classic Design Team
Craft-Dee BowZ
Creative Ladybirds Creations
Not Just Cards
Paper Creator
Sweet Stamps

     Tomorrow there will be one more new release which you can see over on the MHK Designs blog, and then, on Tuesday, we start our new monthly Inspiration Challenge.  Be sure to visit both days so that you don't miss anything.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

I've Been Framed! Digital Stamp Set  I've Been Framed  French Country Digital Paper Pack French Country

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

16 comments:

Lorie said...

This card is so pretty in purple!

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful sentiment and of course you know I just love the colour.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever digi work Connie, love what you have done, a beautiful card, love the embossing too.
Faith
x

Donna said...

This is stunning! Donna

Teresa Arsenault said...

This card is so very elegant and I couldn't agree more with the sentiment.
hugs,
Teresa

Barbara Bruder said...

Connie what a pretty card and thanks for explaining how you did the printing. Love the addition of the flowers. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow beautiful. Love it. Love the flowers as added addition, very very nice.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

ileana-carmen said...

Lovely card.

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

Jessica K said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

Carrie said...

This is gorgeous, NanaConnie! I love how you printed the digi right onto the digi paper, and the ribbon, embossing and 3D flowers make it so elegant!

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Lovely card, wonderful colors and accents. Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

Sue - 2 Creative Chicks DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Mynn xx said...

SO pretty, and I adore the amazing layering! The embossed texture looks fabulous with the patterned paper you chose! LOVE this! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Dawn said...

Abeautiful card & I love the colour!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Astrid said...

Beautiful card !! Love the colors and the designe :-)
Thanks for playing with us at Card and Scrap Challenge and good luck !

Hugs, Astrid DT

Mojca said...

Waw this looks so pretty! thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca